I’m always looking for new and easy fish recipes since my husband is always going fishing and constantly bring back fish! This is by far one of the easiest and tastiest fish recipes around! I found this recipe in the Super Suppers Cookbook on page 117. I’ve changed nothing since it doesn’t need anything!
Prep: 5 minutes
Total: 10 minutes
- 4 whitefish fillets (such as tilapia, grouper, black drum, triple tail, cod, or sole)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp each: dried minced onion, garlic powder, and crushed basil
- 1/2 tsp each: salt and lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. In a shallow dish stir together bread crumbs, parsley flakes, onion, garlic powder, basil, salt, lemon-pepper seasoning, and cayenne pepper.
2. Brush both sides of fish fillets with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Coat both sides of fish fillets with bread crumb mixture.
3. Preheat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Add fish in a single layer; fry fish for 1 minute. Turn carefully; fry 2 to 3 minutes more until fish is flaky.
Freeze Ahead Tip: Prepare steps 1 and 2. Place in a freezer container or zip lock freezer bag and freeze up to 1 month. Defrost completely in refrigerator and cook according to steps three and four.