Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb of lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp of minced jalapeno pepper (you can add another tsp if you really like things spicy)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp of minced white or red onion
- 1 tbsp strained fresh salsa per burger (this is so the liquid doesn't water down the bread)
- 1 package of wholly guacamole (or you can make your own)
- Small handful of Shredded Cheddar for each burger
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked crispy
- 1 box of Texas Toast Garlic Bread (8 slices in a box)
- 4 dashes of each spice: McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning, Ground Coriander, Ground Cumin, Chili Powder, Paprika
- Preheat grill and clean.
- In a large mixing bowl combine meat, jalapeno, onion, garlic and seasonings. Mix until well blended.
- Take your hand and make an "X" with the meat. This will help you divide the burgers evenly. Make 4 equal patties in an oval shape (not a circle) so that the patties will fit perfectly on the Texas Toast.
- Place the burgers on the grill with a low-medium temperature setting.
- Pre-heat and place the Texas Toast in the oven 8 minutes prior to burgers being done. Follow the box for cooking directions.
- Once your burger is cooked to your liking (we like them well), pull the burger off the grill.
- Lay a slice of Texas Toast on each plate. Then place burger on each piece of toast, followed by shredded cheese, bacon, strained fresh salsa, and guacamole. Place the other slice of Texas Toast on the side of the burger so your family/friends can see the true beauty of this burger!
Katie Original Recipe