Asian Noodle Soup
I love to make this vegetarian style soup on a cold day (or a warm one for that matter)! The flavors all blend so well together! You can add pre-cooked diced chicken, pork, or beef to this soup if you’d like. I, however, love it the way it is!
Prep: 10 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
- 1 onion diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks of green onion, diced
- 1/2 of jalapeno, diced
- 2 tbsp chicken base (or if you want to make it pure vegetarian, vegetable base)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger (keep minced ginger in the freezer and break off pieces as needed–it can last in the freezer for a few months)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 small handful of thin spaghetti
- 4 cups water (or more if needed)
1. Clean and dice all vegetables required for recipe.
2. In a soup pot add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, onions, celery, carrots, and jalapeno. Cook for 5-10 minutes until tender.
3. Add chicken/vegetable base, fennel seeds, ground cinnamon, and 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
4. Break spaghetti with hands into bite size pieces. Add into soup, and cook until done.
Side Suggestions: Asian Salad, Spring Rolls, Summer Rolls, Sushi
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74