Southwest Flank Steak With Chili Potatoes
From the first bite of trying this recipe I knew I would be blogging about it. Super easy weeknight meal and extra delicious. What’s great about this dish is that you can use the left over steak for salads and wraps the next day–which turns it into a totally different meal. I added a few more veggies into the potato mixture which helped beef up the side dish. I would have never thought to use a packet of chili seasoning to cook an entire meal! So good and I didn’t feel one bit guilty eating this meal.
- 4 tablespoons chili seasoning mix (1.25-oz packet), divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 lb flank steak
- 1 (20-oz) bag refrigerated diced potatoes (if you don’t want to buy diced potatoes you can make your own fresh ones–that’s what I did)
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Position oven rack 6 inches from broiler, then preheat oven on broil. Combine 3 tablespoons chili seasoning, brown sugar, cumin, oregano, salt, and lime juice; spread evenly over steak.
- Place steak on baking sheet; drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil. Broil 2–3 minutes on first side: turn steak and broil 5–7 more minutes or until 145°F (for medium-rare). Let steak stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Combine 1 tablespoon chili seasoning and 2 tablespoons oil in a mixing bowl and whisk until combined. Add potatoes, onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms into the sauce mixture. make sure everything has been coated with the sauce. Place potatoes on pan; cook and stir 8–10 minutes or until potatoes are browned and tender.
- Slice steak thinly, cutting across the grain of the meat, and serve over potatoes.
Side Suggestions: steamed green beans, corn bread muffins, and salad
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74