Thai Shrimp Curry
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1 13.5 oz unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 stalk lemongrass, sliced OR 1 tbsp lemongrass paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 8 ears canned baby corn (about 1/2 the can)
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced canned water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup canned straw mushrooms OR 1/2 cup fresh sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 tbsp torn mint leaves
- 1 lime
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and stir-fry just until pink and curled but not cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Skim the thick cream from the surface of the coconut milk and add it tot he skillet along with the curry paste. Cook, stirring, until smooth and fragrant and a bit shiny, about 1 minute. Stir in the remaining coconut milk, the lemongrass, fish sauce, brown sugar, and salt; simmer for 3 minutes, uncovered.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet along with the baby corn, scallions, water chestnuts, and mushrooms. Simmer until the shrimp finish cooking, about 3 more minutes. Pull the pan off the heat. Stir in the basil and mint, and squeeze in the lime’s juice.
Side Suggestions: Jasmine rice
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74