Grilled Pork Chops with Mango Couscous
I’m not a huge fan of Pork Chops, but I wanted to try another new recipe out since my husband loves them, and my readers have been asking for more pork recipes! Now that its getting pretty darn close to summer I feel the need to grill more food. So be prepared because I think you’ll be seeing a lot more recipes that involve the grill. Of course if you don’t have a grill or don’t feel like sweating outside you can always adapt the recipe to your cooking needs. I thought that the pork chops would be spicy because of the chili powder, but it was far from spicy–very mild… heck my husband didn’t even know that there was chili powder on the pork chops! lol.. This recipe came out awesome and was beyond easy to make! I found this recipe in the June/July 2010 issue of Rachael Ray Magazine.
- 4, 3/4 inch-thick center-cut Pork Chops
- 1 package of Near East Toasted Pine Nut Couscous
- 3-1/2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 mango, peeled, halved and pitted
- 2 zucchini, sliced lengthwise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 bunch of scallions
1. Preheat the grill to medium. In a small sauce pan prepare couscous according to the directions on the box (I used the Near East Toasted Pine Nut Couscous).
2. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, the lemon juice, chili powder and 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper. Brush on the pork and let stand.
3. In a large bowl, combine the mango, zucchini, and scallions; drizzle with the remaining 2-1/2 tablespoons olive oil and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange the mango, zucchini, scallions and pork chops on an oiled cooking grate, cover and grill, turning everything but the scallions once, until the scallions are charred, about 5 minutes, and the pork chops are cooked through, about 10 minutes (or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees). Transfer the mango, zucchini, and scallions to a cutting board; transfer the pork chops to a plate and tent loosely with foil.
4. Finely chop the mango and scallions; stir into the couscous and season with salt and pepper. Slice the zucchini crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Serve the pork chops with the couscous and zucchini slices.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74