Turkey Italian PaniniPosted by Katie on May 11, 2010 in Italian, Katie Original, sandwich, turkey | 2 comments
- 1/2 lb Boar’s Head Ovengold Turkey Breast (thinly sliced)
- 4 slices of good bread (I prefer Italian Five Grain)
- 4 pieces of fresh mozzarella
- 1 plum tomato, sliced vertically
- 4 basil leaves
- 2 tsp of Dean Jacob’s Bread Dipping Seasoning
- Drizzle of olive oil
- freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat panini press or grill pan to high heat.
2. While press is heating up lay bread out on the counter, and stack a quarter pound of turkey breast meat on one side of the bread. Place thin slices of tomatoes on top of the sliced turkey breast followed by freshly ground pepper, and 1 tsp per sandwich of the Dean Jacob’s Bread Dipping Seasoning. Then place basil leaves followed by two slices of fresh mozzarella, and top with other slice of bread. The sanwiches will look huge, but don’t worry… they will shrink once they are pressed.
3. Place sandwiches on panini press and cook until golden brown (about 5-8 minutes).
Side Suggestions: Spinach Tortellini Soup