Total: 15 minutes
- Cooking Spray
- 1 day old foot long baguette
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of half and half
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- powder sugar, butter, and syrup for topping
1. Preheat a griddle pan on high and spray generously with cooking spray. While the pan is heating up combine the egg, half and half, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a shallow plate/bowl. Whisk together until fully incorporated.
2. Cut the baguette into 1-1/2 to 2 inch pieces. Place a few pieces in the milk mixture and let sit for 15-20 seconds. Turn over the baguette and let it sit for an additional 15-20 seconds. Add soaked baguette pieces to the hot pan and cook on medium-high for a few minutes or until the pan side down is browned but not burnt. Turn them over and repeat for an additional minute or two.
3. Plate the french toast and sprinkle powdered sugar over the top of the dish. Add a pat of butter and serve with syrup if desired.
Side Suggestions: Southern Style Breakfast Potatoes
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74