Grilled Stuffed Chicken Caprese’s
I saw this recipe in a recent issue of EveryDay with Rachael Ray and figured I would try it out. It turned out good; however, here are a few tips you can learn from my semi-mistake… season the chicken liberally with salt and pepper… if you don’t you’ll have to do so after cooking and it won’t be as good. Don’t over stuff them! Lol…. everything will gooze out of them and all you’ll have is a piece of chicken with a smidge of stuffing!
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 2 tomatoes, cored and thinly sliced
- 1tbsp EVOO
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat a grill to medium. On a work surface, arrange the chicken cutlets in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Divide the basil among the cutlets in an even layer, then top each with some of the mozzarella and tomatoes. Roll up the cutlets and secure with toothpicks; brush the rolls with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the chicken rolls on the cooking grate, cover and grill, turning occasionally, until deep golden-brown and cooked through, about 15 minutes; transfer to a work surface. Let stand for 5 minutes, then remove the toothpicks and thinly slice crosswise.
Side Suggestions: Salad, Roasted Broccoli and Carrot mix, Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74