Shrimp Fried Rice
Here is another dish that I adapted from that same Ladies Home Journal article on “50 Great Budget Dinners” I wrote about on Sunday. I adapted this recipe from the article and added a few more ingredients to spice it up! This turned out to be my best fried rice yet… the trick is using day old white rice!!! This is also a great alternative to ordering out take-out chinese, and healthier for you too!
- 2 cups cooked day old white rice
- 1 cup peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup frozen pea and carrot mix
- 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 sliced scallions
- 1 egg, scrambled
- 1 tsp peanut oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp teriyaki
1. In a hot wok add sesame and peanut oils; followed by broccoli, mushrooms, frozen peas and carrots, and green onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until warm through.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74