I’ve been making this cake for quite a few years now, and absolutely love everything about it. It’s especially great for summer time desserts and if you are in a rush and need to bring a dessert to a dinner party. I originally found this recipe at my grocery store and I’ve also scene it featured on the Kraft Food’swebsite. Next time you need to make a dessert and want it to be as guilt free as possible (and still taste good) give this recipe a try. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
- 1 (20 oz) can of Crushed Pineapple, in juice; undrained
- 1 pkg. (1.5 oz) Vanilla Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Pudding
- 1 cup thawed Cool Whip Lite, whipped topping
- 1 10oz. round Angel food cake, cut horizontally into 2 layers
- 1 cup of mixed berries
- Mix pineapple and dry pudding mix in medium bowl with whisk until well blended. Stir in cool whip.
- Stack cake layers on plate, filling layers and topping with pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate 1 hour. Top with berries just before serving.