We probably eat fish at least once or twice a week, and I’m always trying to come up with new fish recipes. Whenever we go out to eat and fish taco’s are on the menu we typically order them so why not have fish taco’s at home. An easy meal to whip together any time of the day–not only is it healthy but very tasty!
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes Serves: 2
4 white fish fillets (I use mangrove snapper)
salt & pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large tomato, diced
1 cup lettuce, shredded
1/2 bunch of cilantro, minced
2 tbsp red onion, minced
1 jalapeno, minced
1 avocado, diced
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp lime juice (plus a splash for sour cream mixture)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tbsp cajun seasoning
4 soft small flour tortilla
1. In a medium sized bowl; add diced tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, 1 tsp lime juice, salt and pepper to taste, cumin, and red chili pepper. Toss well & set a side.
2. In a medium sized skillet add olive oil and heat on medium-high. Season fish with salt and pepper and place in pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and a little crispy.
3. While fish is cooking wash and chop lettuce and place to the side. Do the same with the avocado. In a small bowl combine sour cream, splash of lime juice, and cajun seasoning. Mix well and set aside.
4. Heat up the flour tortilla’s in the microwave for 20 seconds. Make sure you cover the tortilla’s with a damp paper towel to keep them moist.
5. To assemble: Take one flour tortilla and spread a spoonful of sour cream on the tortilla. Add fish, lettuce, tomato mixture, and chunks of avocado. Repeat until all the the fish is used. Enjoy!
I'm Katie Jasiewicz: home cook, food blogger, and recipe developer. I’ve always had a love for cooking, and more so in the past few years a love for eating! Join me on a culinary adventure where life always tastes good. (more)
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe to receive new post updates and monthly newsletter directly in your inbox: