Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes, Capers, and OlivesPosted by Katie on Oct 18, 2010 in Chicken, Crock Pot, Italian, Main Dish | 1 comment
Get ready for one amazing Italian style chicken! Here is another amazing recipe that I cooked from the cookbook “The Italian Slow Cooker“. The flavors are vibrant and if you enjoy olives the flavors really come out in this dish! This is a great recipe for entertaining or making the morning before you leave for the office. Whichever you choose, you will thoroughly enjoy this dish.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 5-8 hours on low
- 4 lbs bone-in chicken legs, thighs, and brests, skin removed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup rinsed and drained imported black olives
- 2 tbsp rinsed and drained capers
at the chciken pieces dry with paper towels and sprinkle with oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Place the pieces in the slow cooker. Add the tomatoes, garlic, and wine. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through.
2. Sprinkle with the crushed red pepper. Scatter the olives and capers around the chicken and cook for 15 to 30 minutes more. Serve hot.