Berry Berry Buttermilk Sherbet
I love sherbet! It’s the perfect ending to a hot’s summers day, and although it’s technically not summer yet the summer weather is in full swing here in Florida! Last year I made a Tripple Berry Buttermilk Sherbet that had cardamom in it. I loved it but unfortunately my husband did not. Since berries of all kind are in season right now I wanted to make a berry sherbet that he could enjoy as well. I remember that making sherbet really didn’t require you to be a rocket scientist to create on your own. I pureed berries, mulled berries, and in a large bowl mixed the berries, buttermilk, and sugar in a large bowl. I poured it into the ice cream attachment and let it do its job! Mulling is the key when you’re making anything to do with berries. You do not want a mouth full of seeds. Trust me–it’s not tasty *unless that’s you’re thing. I estimate you’ll spend at least an hour mulling, but it’s totally worth it!
Source: Katie Original
|Berry Berry Buttermilk Sherbet||
- 1 cup each; blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Puree berries in a food processor. Using a fine mesh strainer run the puree through the strainer and allow juice to pour into a medium bow. This will allow you to discard all the seeds from the various fruits. *This process will take at minimum a half hour.
- Once you have all of the berry liquid stir in the buttermilk and sugar.
- Freeze mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until firm (at least 4-6 hours). Store up to 2 weeks.