Café Mocha Mousse Mini Fillo Cups

After making the amazing White Chocolate Raspberry Mousse fillo cups I decided to try another dessert recipe based around the mini fillo cup. I was hosting a Singer Sewing Party and wanted simple bite sized desserts to serve. I instantly went to the internet and found this awesome café mocha recipe. The coffee flavors were spot on, and the mousse was as rich and smooth as I had last remembered it to be! As suggested I topped these bite sized beauties with shredded coconut, and for good measure; mini chocolate chips. They were pure perfection (to say the least), and very easy to make. Even if you aren’t a “cook” or “baker” you can make these mini mousse cups, (and impress all of your friends and family)!

I think I should be the new spokes person for mini fillo cups! What do you think?

Source: Athens Foods
Prep Time: 2 hours (chill time)
Servings: 15 individual cups

Ingredients:
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon cold water
1 tablespoon Kahlua
1/2 teaspoon plain gelatin
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon instant coffee powder
2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
15 mini fillo shells (1 box)
2 tablespoons shredded coconut, for garnish

Directions:
1. In a small chilled bowl, whip heavy cream to full volume. Chill for 1 hour.

2. In a small pan, combine water, Kahlua and gelatin and let stand for 1 minute. Add powdered sugar, instant coffee and chocolate chips. Over low heat stir until chocolate chips are melted. Bring to room temperature.

3. Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream. Chill for 1 hour.

4. Spoon or pipe 2 teaspoons of filling into each fillo Shell. Garnish with shredded coconut and mini chocolate chips. Serve immediately.

9 Responses to “Café Mocha Mousse Mini Fillo Cups”

1. Danielle posted on June 16, 2011 at 12:34 pm (#)

these look and sound amazing!

2. dani84m posted on June 16, 2011 at 1:50 pm (#)

This looks delicious, I am a sucker for coffee and chocolate. Thanks for the follow, I am now following you.

3. Anngela posted on June 16, 2011 at 2:30 pm (#)

I remember, these were DELICIOUS!! YUMMO!! 🙂 🙂

4. Brandy K posted on June 16, 2011 at 3:43 pm (#)

Mmmm..chocolate and coffee just go so well together. Yum.
    Thanks for following me–and for being my 100th follower. 🙂 I'm following you now too.

5. Lazaro Cooks! posted on June 16, 2011 at 4:46 pm (#)

Fantastic job with these fillo cups. Great flavor profile and lovely presentation.

Be well.

6. Lenore posted on June 17, 2011 at 2:48 am (#)

I LOVE mini fillo cups! I made them one time instead of buying the pre-made cups, and I will NEVER do it again. The combo of chocolate and coconut is one of my favorites, so I can't wait to try these!

You host so many themed parties, it is so cool; I love reading about them.

7. Liz @ Two Maids a Milking posted on June 17, 2011 at 12:56 pm (#)

Those look yummy!! Thanks so much for linking up to 2 Maids a Baking!!

8. Allison @ Alli 'n Son posted on June 17, 2011 at 7:15 pm (#)

These are adorable! Thanks so much for linking up with Sweet Tooth Friday.

9. Kim McCallie posted on June 18, 2011 at 4:05 pm (#)

These look gorgeous and delicious! I know that my children would love them. They're big fans of coffee flavored snacks. I'd like to invite you to share on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.