Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars
Source: Betty Crocker
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes + 2 hours chilling time
Servings: 12-24 bars
1 pouch Betty Crocker Oatmeal Cookie Mix
1/2 cup firm butter
2 – 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla
1- 21oz can of apple pie filling
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
1/4 chopped walnuts *optional
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom and sides of 13×9 pan with cooking spray.
2. Place cookie mix in large bowl. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbley and coarse. Reserve 1-1/2 cups crumb mixture; press remaining crumbs in bottom of pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. While the crumbs are baking; in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
4. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over partially baked crust. Then pour pie filling over the cream cheese mixture, making sure to smooth out the filling so that it evenly covers the cheesecake mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, then sprinkle reserve crumbs over the top of the apple pie filling (covering all the filling).
5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool for another 30 minutes then refrigerate to chill for about 2 hours. Cut the bars to desired size. Store covered in the refrigerator up to 3 days.