Buffalo Chicken Stromboli
Every now and then I get in the mood for buffalo style chicken. The other night I was trying to think of what I could do with the remainder of my rotisserie chicken. I knew at this point it would taste best if it was shredded. That’s when I remembered I had one sheet of puff pastry in the freezer. I instantly thought about making a Stromboli of sorts out of puff pastry, and then the light bulb turned on. Why not a buffalo chicken Stromboli? I knew my husband would approve of it and I could essentially take the same concept as my Buffalo Chicken Dip except make it in the form of a Stromboli. Oh, and make it heavier on the chicken and less on the dip.
Typically, I’d use a mixture of cream cheese and bleu cheese for the dip, but on this particular evening I didn’t have either on hand. What I did have is my favorite soft spreading cheese around, Alouette® Soft Spreadable Cheese in Garlic and Herb.
|Buffalo Chicken Stromboli||
- 1 container Alouette® Soft Spreadable Cheese, Garlic & Herb
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 tbsp diced celery
- 1/4 cup Franks Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1/4 stick of butter, melted
- Thaw 1 sheet of puff pastry according to package.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix shredded chicken, soft cheese, celery and buffalo sauce until well combined.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet then lay the puff pastry on top of the parchment paper. Add filling to the middle of the of the puff pastry, then carefully fold until all edges are sealed. Seal each side; folding pastry together like a package. Using a silicone brush — brush puff pastry top with melted butter. Take a knife and make a few 1 inch slits on the top of the puff pastry.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately with carrot and celery sticks and bleu cheese or ranch dressing.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74