Skip the store bought candies this year for Valentine’s day and make your own oreo truffles. Your loved one will definitely go head over heals for these truffles! These are simple to make and are probably the most decadent dessert I’ve had in a long while. I love that you can coat these in just about anything and place toppings on the chocolate before it hardens. My favorite is the white chocolate with a drizzle of milk chocolate on top. It gives a good balance of chocolate flavors. However, you could easily dip these in dark chocolate and top with a little additional oreo crumbs. Even if you aren’t an oreo fan (like me) you will surely swoon over these little delights!
Source: My Fabulous Recipes
- 1 16oz package of oreo’s
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
- ½ bag (each) of white chocolate and milk chocolate
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups white chocolate chips + 1 tbsp butter
- Place half the oreo cookies in a large food processor and puree until fine crumbs. Remove the crumbs and place in large mixing bowl. Repeat with the last half of oreos until the entire package of oreos have been made into fine crumbs.
- In a stand mixer begin whipping cream cheese. Gradually add the oreo crumbs to the mixture. Mix well until both cream cheese all oreo crumbs are well combined. The filling will be dark in color.
- Roll the oreo cream cheese mixture into small balls, placing on a parchment paper lined tray. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes until chilled and firm.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place 1 cup chocolate chips in bowl and microwave in 20 second intervals until liquified. *If you prefer to use white chocolate, microwave 2 cups white chocolate chips plus one tablespoon butter. Be careful do not over cook the white chocolate as it will harden quickly.
- Once the chocolate is melted, pull out the oreo cream cheese balls and begin dipping them in the chocolate. I found the best method to be using a spoon and dunking the ball into the chocolate. Place chocolate covered oreo cream cheese mixture back on parchment paper. Repeat until all oreo cream cheese balls have been covered with chocolate. Refrigerate for one hour or until hardened.