Roasted Garlic Butter
Fast forward 22 years and I’m back to making butter. Thankfully, I’m not shaking the butter in a container until it’s hard. Instead I roast garlic in the oven and pour heavy cream into my KitchenAid mixer. I let the mixer do the work–a labor of love for a good 15-20 minutes.
|Roasted Garlic Butter||
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 bulbs garlic, roasted
- Before you start your butter making you’ll want to roast your garlic for 30-45 minutes at 400 degrees. *Cut the top off the garlic so the garlic can breathe and so it will be easier to remove the roasted garlic. Once the garlic is finished roasting take it out to cool.
- Using a KitchenAid mixer and a whisk attachement place 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and salt in your mixer. Start on medium speed and as it begins to thicken gradually increase the speed. *I like to place a tea towel over my mixer to reduce splashes outside of the bowl. You will want to mix on high until you have one large ball of “butter” and liquid on the bottom of the bowl. They will separate over time.
- Once your butter has separated place the butter in a strainer and dump the water like mixture (aka buttermilk) from the bowl. Do not push the butter through the strainer. Gently move the butter ball around so that additional buttermilk releases from the butter ball.
- Place the butterball back in the mixer and begin mixing again. You may notice over a minute or two time span that you have more buttermilk. Repeat the step from above if needed. Your butter should start “whipping” and becoming a softer consistancy. When this happens you’ll want to add your two garlic bulbs of garlic. I simply squeeze the garlic out of the bulb. I know its wasteful and you won’t yield as much garlic but this is what I find most easiest. Mix until well incorporated and then place your butter in a crock. Serve immediately and/or refrigerate covered for up to 5 days.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74