Cream of Broccoli Soup + GiveawayPosted by Katie on Apr 13, 2012 in Katie Original, soup, Vegetable, vegetarian | 19 comments
A few months ago while attending the Southeast Produce Conference I had the pleasure of meeting the folks from Eat Smart. This is a brand that I have turned to on a weekly basis for years now. Eat Smart’s pre-packaged fresh-cut vegetables are convenient for busy week nights, and I know I can always count on them. You can also find party trays and bagged salad kits by Eat Smart as well.
Now, let’s talk about this soup–it’s perfect to sip on whether its hot or room temperature. Heck, you could indeed slurp it up as a cold soup, too. All week my husband, Jon, has been “drinking” it on the go as an “appetizer” before his lunch. Just so you know. That’s the way he wanted me to market this soup. As a drink-as-you-go soup. Not a sit at a table with a hearty bowl of soup. This is “soup-er” easy to make and requires few ingredients. Of course, the star of this soup is a 12 oz bag of Eat Smart Broccoli Florets.
My friends at Eat Smart have been kind to give away 5 Eat Smart product coupons of Fresh Cut Vegetables to not one but TWO lucky readers. This is a $17.50 value full of veggie goodness. If you love veggies this is the giveaway for you! All you need to do is enter below via Rafflecopter!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Source: Katie Original
- 1-12oz bag of Eat Smart Broccoli Florets
- 1-32 oz box of Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- In a large sauce pan add broccoli florets and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and cook on high for 10-15 minutes or until soft. Add 1 tablespoon minced onions during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Remove the sauce pan from the heat. Using an emersion blender puree the broccoli/broth mixture.
- Stir in heavy cream and black pepper. Serve immediately.
Disclaimer: I received free product + 10 Eat Smart product coupons to giveaway. My opinions are always my own.