Ziti and Zucchini with Lime and Herbs
- 1 pound ziti
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 zucchini, Thinly sliced into 1/4-inch-by-2-inch strips
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil,chopped
- 1 cup grated Pecorino-Romano cheese (divided)
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled, chopped, and toasted
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon of salt to the water. Once the water is to a boil add the pasta and cook until al dente. Prior to draining reserve 1 cup of the starchy cooking water, drain, and set pasta to the side.
- While the pasta is cooking prep your veggies: halve the zucchini lengthwise, and thinly slice into 1/4-inch-by-2-inch strips. Chopped garlic, jalapeno, herbs, and nuts.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, over medium-high heat. Stir in the jalapeno and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the zucchini to the skillet and season with salt and pepper.Cook until tender, roughly 8-10 minutes.
- While the zucchini is cooking in a small frying pan heat the chopped pistachios on medium heat. Stir frequently to ensure they don't burn. As soon as you see them starting to brown remove them from the heat.
- Add the juice of 1 lime to the zucchini and stir in the butter to melt. Add the pasta, parsley, mint, basil, handful of cheese, and the 1/2 cup reserved starchy cooking water. Toss for 1-2 minutes and add additional cooking water if needed. To serve, top each bowl with more pecorino-romano cheese and the toasted chopped pistachios.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74