Grilled Peaches with Caramel Sauce and Whipped CreamPosted by Katie on Jul 30, 2012 in Dessert, Fruit, Grilling | 14 comments
Back in June I had the opportunity to visit Lane Southern Orchards in Georgia. While visiting I picked up two massive boxed filled with peaches to do some recipe developing and of course give as gifts to family and friends. That week we got home I went a little peach crazy… incorporating peaches into every meal that week. By Friday my husband who is the worlds largest peach fan was sick and tired of peaches. Me on the other hand–I couldn’t get enough of them!
Which is ironic because just last year I had not acquired the taste for peaches, but something hit me this year and I was hooked. I had always wanted to try grilled peaches but had never made the time to make them. One of the evenings during our peach madness week I decided to halve a few extra peaches and grill them to be consumed after dinner for dessert. Let me just tell you… great idea on my part. I definitely patted myself on the back and have no problem admitting it!
Every time anyone had ever talked about grilled peaches they talked about drizzling honey over them… that sounds great, but I wanted to be slightly original here. So I looked in the fridge and did what any normal person would do… grab the caramel sauce! Why not? Everything is better with caramel sauce! And this dish thanked me for it. I also made homemade whipped cream which in our house is a pre requisite for any amazing meal. Its a must have! So this summer when you are looking for a quick dessert to make on a hot summer night… fire up that grill and throw some peaches on!
Source: Katie Original Recipe
- 4 peaches
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- caramel sauce for drizzling
- Preheat your grill to high heat. While the grill is pre-heating wash peaches and cut them in half (removing the pits from the peach center).
- Once grill has reached to temperature (around 500 degrees) place peaches flesh (flat) side down on the grill and cook for 5-10 minutes until grill marks have formed on peaches. Remove peaches from the grill and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, pour the heavy whipping cream and beat on medium-low or until the cream starts to slightly thicken. Then add 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar and slowly bring the speed to high. Whip in mixer for 2-3 minutes or until cream is thick (when the beater is removed from the bowl the cream should stick right to the beater).
- Place 2 peach halves on a plate, a generous dollop of whipped cream, and a generous drizzle of caramel sauce.