Cherry Almond Crisp + Le Creuset Giveaway
A few weeks ago I received these gorgeous Le Creuset Mini Round Cocotte. I immediately knew I wanted to make a cobbler, a crisp, individual pot pies, chocolate lava cakes, and well you get it… the list could go on and on. These are not only attractive but set the mood for any meal! They are safe for the freezer, microwave, oven, broiler, and even better… the dishwasher! I also love that (like most Le Creuset items) these are nonstick thanks to the glazed interior so you can easily remove food from them making it super easy and quick to cleanup!
The other week, we had about 4 cups of cherries that were close to the end of their life span. My husband wouldn’t eat them since they had gotten a little too ripe for his liking. I promised him I would make a cherry crisp with them since I absolutely hate to waste any food! I had also told my neighbor about my aspirations to make a crisp with the cherries–she was on board!
That same evening I invited my neighbor over for dinner and made these cherry almond crisps for dessert. Let’s just say that these are like heaven in a little crock. My neighbor declared that out of all the amazing desserts I’ve mader her she felt that these by far were the best thing she had ever consumed from our home. That’s a pretty big compliment in my opinion. I too, loved these crisps. So much that I indulged the following day in the fourth crisp. It was just as good as the day before. Simply amazing. Ree created an amazing recipe that we loved and I know you’ll love just as much!
Now, let’s talk about today’s fabulous giveaway. One lucky reader will win a set of 4 Le Creuset Mini Round Cocottes. Please fill out the rafflecopter widget below for multiple chances to win. Giveaway closes on Friday, August 17th at 12:01 am.
Adapted from: The Pioneer Women
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 stick cold butter, salted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the crisp topping, in a large bowl, add the 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and dash of nutmeg. Cut the cold butter into pieces and add the butter to the bowl. Using a fork cut the butter into the flour mixture until you have coarse crumbs. *I like to do this part in my KitchenAid mixer using the paddle attachment on low. It takes half the time and way less elbow grease! Once you have coarse crumbs add the sliced almonds.
- Rinse your cherries, and pit them. *I use the OXO Good Grips Cherry Pitter and it works like a gem! Once the seeds have been removed from the cherries its time to add 1/4 cup white sugar, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, and 1 teaspoon almond extract to the cherries. Mix well until every cherry is coated with cornstarch/sugar mixture.
- Spray ramekins with cooking spray and begin adding about 1 cup cherry mixture to each ramekin followed by crisp topping. It will look like your ramekins are overflowing; however, they will reduce in size once they begin to cook.
- Place the ramekins in the oven, bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until the crisp topping is golden brown.
- Serve the cherry almond crisps warm or at room temperature. Top with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.
*when cooking with small ramekins I always place the ramekins on one large baking sheet making it easier to remove from the oven.
Disclaimer: I received 4 Le Creuset Mini Round Cocotte, and 1 reader will receive 4 as well per entry qualifications. I was not compensated to write this post and as always all opinions are always my own. This post contains affiliate links in it.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74