Last night, Christine from Cook The Story and myself spoke with Julia and Beth from Live Pretty about lemons! I always forget that there are a wide variety of lemons to pick from. I buy lemons on a weekly basis for both cooking and putting it in my water. So when I shop I just pick up whatever my produce market has on hand. Typically it is either the Lisbon or the Eureka lemon.
Beth and Julia love lemons–well the entire Live Pretty team loves lemons! They just did an entire week of lemon recipes in preparation for our talk! We talked about the varieties of lemons, the waxy coating (and why you should probably buy organic if your consuming it), tips, tricks, and recipes!
If you didn’t learn enough about lemons from our talk here are a few more from the Sunkist website:
- A bowl of fresh lemons will add fragrance and color to a room for days.
- Add a slice or two of fresh lemon to a glass of water. It has visual appeal and makes the water taste and smell better.
- If you are reducing your sodium or fat intake, try squeezing a wedge of fresh lemon on salads, steamed vegetables, soups and stews. You’ll never miss the salt or butter!
- Roll a room temperature lemon on the counter a few times to maximize the amount of juice.
- Add the grated zest of fresh lemon to recipes for added intensity in cakes and cookies.
On Monday, I posted about this lemon herb dressing I made that is packed full of fresh herbs and screams summer! If this doesn’t get you in the lemon spirit, I’m not sure what will!
This seasoning requires the zest of one lemon. The citric notes throughout make this perfect for seasoning just about anything. Replace your traditional season salt with this citric version!
These fish tacos are super simple to make on a busy night! This recipe utilizes lemon pepper panko plus fresh lemon juice!
Take a look at these lemon recipes:
Saving Lemon Zest for Another Use from Cook the Story
Preserved Lemon, Cantaloupe and Feta Salad from Cook the Story
Lemon Zest Pasta from Live Pretty
Watermelon Lemonade Spritzer from Live Pretty
Simple Lemon Curd from Live Pretty
Lemon Bread from Live Pretty
Chicken Piccata from Live Pretty
Sippin’ Limoncello Cocktail from Live Pretty
Lemon Shortbread Cookie Bars from Live Pretty
psst… are you a blogger that is knowledgeable about a specific topic? We would love to have you hangout with us and talk food! Send an email to KatiesCucina@gmail.com for more details and scheduling!