Grilled Chopped Chicken Tacos
I love tacos. I love Mexican food. We probably eat a Mexican inspired dish at least once a week. I’ll be the first to admit that for some reason I don’t like chopped chicken in my dishes. I will only order the chicken if its shredded. The night I made these I wanted chicken tacos, but I didn’t want to turn the stove on in the house… so I decided I would make grilled chicken tacos and chop the meat!
This reinvented Mexican dish turned out great! I used a packet of taco seasoning and rubbed the chicken with it. This gave the chicken a crispy and flavorful outside. Before I ever cut meat I always let it rest for 5-10 minutes in order to let the juices settle. This recipes is no different.
I used crunchy taco shells I had on hand and got the brilliant idea to place them on the hot grill a few minutes before I was ready to pull the chicken off the grill. I used butter lettuce and chopped it, followed by 2 avocados I had on hand and diced it. I always have shredded cheddar and sour cream on hand so I knew I wouldn’t have any issues there. The next time you get a hankering for Mexican food, make this meal on your grill. Warms your soul and keeps your home cool during the dog days of summer!
Source: Katie Original
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- Crispy Corn Tortilla Shells
- Lettuce, chopped
- 2 Avocados, diced
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour Cream
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. While grill is preheating rinse the chicken breast and pat dry with paper towel. Sprinkle 1 packet of taco seasoning mix over the 3 chicken breast and rub in well.
- Place the chicken breast on the grill and cook for 20 minutes on medium heat or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. During the last 3-5 minutes of cooking place the crunch corn taco shells on the grill to heat them.
- Once the chicken is cooked, begin chopping the chicken into bit size pieces. Assemble tacos in the following order: chopped lettuce, chopped chicken, shredded cheddar cheese, diced avocado, and sour cream.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74