Avocado & Feta Dip

Avocado & Feta Dip from KatiesCucina.com

Looking for a healthy alternative to snack on this football season? This is the dip for you. Not only does it require very few ingredients but it takes less than 10 minutes to make start to finish. I love guacamole, but every now and then I want a different way to eat an avocado dip. I’ve kind of been on a feta and dill kick lately, so when I saw this recipe while browsing the web I knew I had to give it a try. I like to eat it with earthy multi-grain gluten free crackers where-as my husband enjoys this with tortilla chips. Whatever way you want to eat it is fine by me… just know that it is a bit addictive!

Avocado & Feta Dip from KatiesCucina.com

Source: Martha Stewart

Avocado & Feta Dip

• 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 2 haas avocados, diced small
  • 1 green onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced small
  • 1/4 cup fresh dill leaves, roughly chopped
  • 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • salt and ground pepper

1. Dice the avocado, green onion, red bell pepper, and dill.
  2. In a medium bowl, carefully stir together the feta cheese, diced avocados, sliced scallion, diced bell pepper, dill, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and serve with tortilla chips or multi-grain crackers.

Notes

Refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 2 days. Note: avocado will begin to turn a dark brown color.

Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74

14 Responses to “Avocado & Feta Dip”

1. Joanne posted on September 8, 2012 at 6:18 am (#)

I love the idea of tangy feta mixed into guac! Such a great flavor combo.

• Katie replied on September 8th, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Joanne–it is a great combo of flavors!

2. Laurie {Simply Scratch} posted on September 8, 2012 at 7:52 am (#)

I believe I had this before, and LOVED IT… the flavors are totally unexpected! I think I need to make this 🙂

• Katie replied on September 8th, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Yes, I agree you wouldn’t think to pair the two together.

3. Cathy @ Noble Pig posted on September 8, 2012 at 10:03 am (#)

This sounds awesome. I think the salty feta is a grand idea…I want!!

• Katie replied on September 8th, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Cathy–go make it now!!!

4. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction posted on September 8, 2012 at 10:23 am (#)

Oh, I like the idea of the feta and avocado combination!

5. icakepops posted on September 8, 2012 at 4:24 pm (#)

The avocado and feta create a good creamy base for all the other flavors to play on. Great recipe. Thx for sharing!

6. JulieD posted on September 9, 2012 at 1:38 pm (#)

We like to add a little cheddar cheese on top of our guac and I LOVE feta…I can see this flavor combo being perfect. Looks great, Katie!!

• Katie replied on September 10th, 2012 at 12:05 am

Oh I never thought to add cheddar on guac. You guys should definitely give this recipe a try!

7. Rachel from Bluemont VA posted on January 29, 2013 at 7:55 pm (#)

Great Recipe! I brought it to a “pink party” for friends that might not be able to tolerate spicy foods yet love the taste of guacamole. It was a real hit!

It’s an ideal recipe for a chemo cookbook-good colors that make you want to eat and wonderful flavors.

• Katie replied on January 30th, 2013 at 6:35 am

Hi Rachel, I’m so glad that you and friends enjoyed this dip! I love spicy foods but every now and then I want to eat something a little more toned down.

8. Shaina posted on January 27, 2014 at 8:22 pm (#)

Great idea to combine these two amazing ingredients!!!

• Katie replied on January 28th, 2014 at 4:45 pm