Beef and Asparagus Curry
I love curry. My husband on the other hand isn’t a huge fan. So I don’t get to make it that often, and when I do I am trying new recipes. I’ve made this recipe a few times this year and can’t get enough of it. Normally, when I cook curry I like my protein of choice to be either shrimp or chicken. So I was intrigued when I saw that this recipe called for beef!
My husband loved this twist on curry and even more so loved that I served it with rice noodles. Traditionally, I serve my curry up with a bowl of sticky rice. So given the fact that I switched up not only the protein but the carb made him fall in love with this dish!
To add an extra fresh taste to this veggie packed curry I added a healthy amount of chopped cilantro and green onions as well as a little lime. I really enjoyed the cilantro and green onion fresh rather than cooked in. It gives that additional layer of flavor that you wouldn’t be able to achieve without the fresh herbs.
Source: Everyday Food, April 2012
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk, shaken well
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp light-brown sugar
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus (1 pound), trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 baby corn (from 1 can)
- 1 pound sirloin steak, trimmed and thinly sliced against the grain
- Cooked rice noodles
- lime wedges
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- In a large wok or skillet, heat 1/2 cup coconut milk over medium-high, stirring, until shiny and thick, about 2 minutes.
- Add curry paste and cook, stirring it until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add remaining coconut milk, broth, fish sauce, and brown sugar and bring to a simmer. Add bell pepper and cook until softened (about 2 minutes).
- Add baby corn and asparagus, cook until crisp-tender (about 3 minutes).
- Add the steak and cook, stirring, until just cooked through, 2 minutes.
- Serve over noodles with lime wedges, sliced green onions, and chopped cilantro.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74