Creme de Menthe Chunk Cookies + OXO GiveawayPosted by Katie on Dec 4, 2012 in baked goods, Chocolate, Cookies, Dessert, giveaway, video | 13 comments
I’ve partnered up with OXO Good Grips and Cookies for Kids’ Cancer to to raise awareness by joining the mission to find a cure for pediatric cancer. I helped by ”Baking a Difference”. I created a video that walks you through step-by-step on how to make these tasty and easy-to-make Creme de Menthe Chunk Cookies.
Are you interested in helping? You can Be a Good Cookie, too!
Make a difference by joining the mission to find a cure for pediatric cancer. There are many ways to support Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. Hosting a bake sale is a sweet and simple way for people everywhere to get involved in the fight against pediatric cancer. Send our cookies for birthdays, anniversaries, or just because. Our cookies taste as good to eat as they feel to give.
Adapted from: Andes Mints
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 oz.) package Andes® Crème de Menthe Baking Chips
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- While the oven is preheating blend butter, brown and white sugars, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs until well incorporated.
- Stir in Andes Baking Chips and then flour. Mix until just incorporated. Once the dough is complete chill for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- Measure out 1 ounce of dough. Form a ball and slightly flatten. (I used the OXO Medium Cookie Scoop and my OXO Food Scale to calculate this)
- Raise oven rack one level above the middle and bake on non-stick baking pans.Bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool on pan for at least 5 minutes once out of the oven then place on a wire rack.
*Your cookie dough will need to chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Plan accordingly.
*You can refrigerate part of the dough for up to 5 days or freeze up to 3 minutes. Form the dough into a log--this makes for best freezing and refrigerating options.
Adapted from Andes Mints
Now, on to a fabulous giveaway! One lucky winner will win the following compliments of OXO.
- Good Cookie Spatula
- Pop-Up Cookbook Holder
- 11-in Silicone Balloon Whisk
- 3 Pc Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set
- 3 Pc Silicone Spatula Set
- Rolling Pin
- 3 Pc Angled Measuring Cup Set
- 4 Pc Mini Measuring Beaker Set