Croissant French Toast w/ Caramelized Bananas & Walnuts
We love breakfast in our house–it is just a given and anyone who knows my husband and I know this fact! My aunt recently sent me the Costco Cookbook that was released the day after Thanksgiving (on black friday). I was glad that her friends braved the crowds for me because I sure as hell wasn’t planning on it. The first recipe I tried in the exclusive and limited edition Costco cookbook was this Croissant French Toast with Caramelized Bananas and Walnuts. I mean who can’t resist a buttery croissant transformed in to a succulent french toast?
I also love Costco and my husband LOVES the place. You would think that we are shopping for a family of 12 each time we make a stop at the big box store. Instead, we proudly shop in bulk for the two of us. You can get some amazing deals there and of course as any savvy shopper should know… know your prices.
The morning I made this elegant breakfast I just so happened to have some leftover croissants in the refrigerator (that I purchased from Costco). As I made the recipe I realized that 90% of my ingredients came from Costco, and it made me realize that maybe I have a Costco-shopping addiction! What I liked about the recipe is that it is tailored to be made for one; however, you can simply modify it by doubling the recipes however many times you need too to accommodate to the largest of groups!
Adapted from: Simply Delicious The Costco Way
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter (for the griddle)
- 2 butter croissants
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 large bananas, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a shallow bowl mix eggs, milk nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla extract until well incorporated.
- Heat a griddle pan on high and place the butter in the pan. Reduce the heat to medium once the butter is melted. Place each slice of croissant in the egg/milk mixture quickly covering both sides and place croissants in the pan. Cook on each side for about 5 minutes or until golden brown (*Remember to flip the croissants over half way through).
- Melt butter in a sauce pan on medium-high heat. Add the brown sugar and walnuts; stir. Then add slices of bananas on top of the mixture. Cook for about 20-30 seconds and then carefully turn the bananas. Then add the orange juice and cinnamon and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Place the cooked croissant french toast on a plate and top with banana and walnut topping. Lastly, drizzle some of the sauce on top. Enjoy.
Disclaimer: Costco did not ask me to write about their cookbook or store. I just love shopping there!
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74