Wow, I can’t believe today is the last day of 2012. Katie’s Cucina has grown by leaps and bounds this year. I published 189 blog post in 2012! That is a lot of recipe developement, cooking, photographing, editing, and writing that was done this year.
First and foremost the success of Katie’s Cucina wouldn’t have happened without my loyal readers who support me by leaving encouraging and kind comments and sharing via social media. Secondly, I have to thank my family and friends;
- To my husband who more than often eats cold dinners because I’m off photographing our meal or trys a dish that is lack-luster in flavor. He’s my number one food critic. I tend to take constructive criticism well but there were a few times in 2012 that I went on strike from cooking for him because of his over-the-top comments. Hopefully, we will have less cooking strikes in 2013. I also hope that he will finally man-up and actually cook for me for a week. It is something that I’ve challenged him to for the past few years and he also claims that he can do it, but has never stepped up to the plate. Maybe 2013 will be the year that I document him in the kitchen for 1 week. And while I’m on that topic maybe I’ll finally get to try his famous chili that no one has ever consumed accept him.
- To my mom, whom I get frequent phone calls from because I’ve “outed” her secrets or told a cooking trick she didn’t want exposed to the public. It’s ok… we are all human and real. That’s what makes Katie’s Cucina such a real place to be.
- To my god-mother, Aunt Diane, who always emails me and gives me grammar lessons: blog post-by-blog post. I know… I’m working on it. I recognize I have the worst spelling and grammar in the world and hope to improve next year!
- To my neighbor, Edie, who is always
forcedasked to taste-test recipes multiple times and give me feedback. Your opinions are much appreciated!
- To my co-workers whom I know I’ve caused to gain several pounds in 2012 thanks to all the desserts I’ve brought in for them to try. Thank you for always being supportive and eating the food I make!
- To my food blog friends in real life. I have a lot of them and made so many more of them in 2012. To Julie, Suzanne, Christine, and Julius to name a few. Thanks for always being my rocks and listening to me ramble, giving great advice, and just being all around great friends.
Quick, easy-to-make, and light summer-time dressing is great for salads or marinating meats!
This is a perfect spin to a pasta salad. Your guest will be thrilled to see a new version on the table with Greek flair!
Thanks to my love of all things Biscoff this ice cream was born this year. Sure to be a summer time favorite for many years to come.
A co-worker inspired me to make this pasta salad for my best friends bridal shower. Everyone enjoyed this pasta salad!
2012 was the year of the Rice Krispies Treats on Katie’s Cucina. I created a few recipes and even did a 3 minute cooking segment on National television for National Rice Krispies Treats day!
What do you get when you have tons of Mexican leftovers? This Mexican Rice Salad! Which can also then be turned into a wrap!
This is a recipe passed down from my grandma to my mom, and then to me. It’s a family classic of course with a twist!
I love me a good crock-post soup and this one sure fits the bill for a cold winters day!
I introduced my first alcoholic beverage on Katie’s Cucina this year. And well, I guess you guys love the booze! You will definitely be seeing more mixed drinks in 2013!
If you love mint, chocolate, and rice krispies treats… these babies are for you!
This was absolutely, one of my favorite grilled meals in 2012. I’m so glad that I finally put my big girl panties on in 2012 and embraced the grill. It’s really not a scary place to cook and the sky is the limit as to what you can make.
With no surprise these 3 hour long slow-roasted cherry tomatoes were everyones favorite in 2012 (including mine).
So as you can tell, Katie’s Cucina was a happening place in 2012. I am already working on some pretty big projects for 2013 and can’t wait to share them. So what was your favorite recipes on Katie’s Cucina in 2012? Was it one of the top 12 or did you have another favorite that wasn’t mentioned?
And in case your interested in past year recaps…
Disclaimer: I’m sure someone will be hurt that I did not mention their name in my 2012 post. Please don’t be offended if you weren’t mentioned.