Baked Buffalo Queso Fresco Wings + Football EntertainingPosted by Katie on Jan 14, 2013 in sponsored post | 12 comments
Right now we are in the heart of football play-offs. Our weekends are being consumed by football (not a bad thing in my book although I wish my team was in the play-offs but that is a whole other post to rant about). My husband on the couch, me in the kitchen, and every now and then we make a trip over to our neighbors home. If your like me you are in constant need of food storage containers. I’m constantly having to battle our food storage container cabinet to find what I’m looking for.
Now that I got my shop on… now I’m able to get my cabinet re-organize and best of all I’ll have a way to bring all the delicious food I’ve been cooking up over to our friends house for the Super Bowl! I love buying the variety pack. Since I always need to store foods of all shapes and sizes. This is my go-to brand when I’m shopping for food storage containers. They last very long and of course have the amazing Easy Find Lids. Let me tell you a little bit about this wonderful technology…
- Lids snap to the bottom of containers—never lose a lid or leave one behind at the party again!
- Leak-proof seal prevents messes and spills on the way to the party
- Range of sizes makes taking what you want easy! Large sizes for wings, chips, salads etc., all the way down to small, half cup sizes for dips and sauces.
Now, let’s talk more about the food. You can’t watch football without chicken wings. It is just un-American. My husband happens to LOVE chicken wings. He is kind of a chicken-wing connoisseur of sorts. Me on the other hand… not a huge fan. I kind of find them barbaric. I would much rather prefer the boneless type (aka chicken strips) then on the bone. But because I love my husband I feed his frequent desire for chicken wings.
I just so happened to have some queso fresco cheese on hand and I always have green onions readily available thanks to my bountiful garden so this was kind of a no-brainer. I love the idea of baked chicken wings. No need to get out the deep fryer and clog arteries here. Within 30 minutes you have healthy-ish chicken wings. Trust me–my husband didn’t miss the greasy fried wings. I would also like to add that he still managed to get just as messy but thankfully not as greasy with this version. I served up the wings with some ranch sauce and celery sticks. This entire meal pack-ups beautifully in my new Rubbermaid TakeAlongs!
Adapted from Rachael Ray January/February 2013
- 12 chicken wings (about a 1.5 lbs)
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup queso fresco
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating, arrange the chicken wings on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Bake the chicken wings for 40 minutes or until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Carefully remove the chicken wings from the oven once they are done cooking and place into a large bowl. Pour 1/3 cups buffalo sauce over wings and toss until evenly coated. Place chicken wings on a serving dish (or Rubbermaid Food Storage Container) and sprinkle with crumbled queso fresco and thinly sliced green onions.
You can serve your baked chicken wings with ranch dressing and celery sticks.
Rubbermaid is hosting a Game Day Party Sweepstakes. They are offering the chance to win:
- Easy Find Lids Party Pack
- 48Qt Cooler
- $100 VISA gift card
To enter the sweepstakes readers must click on this link: http://www.rubbermaid.com/sweepstake/pages/sweepstakeRegistration.aspx?sweepstakeId=35
Entries are limited to one entry per person / per email address / per day. Sweepstakes starts December 19, 2012 and ends January 21, 2013.