Baked Spicy Greek Yogurt Chicken Wings with Greek Yogurt Bleu Cheese DressingPosted by Katie on Jan 29, 2013 in Appetizer, Chicken, Katie Original | 8 comments
I started easing everyone into all the Super Bowl entertaining recipes over the past few weeks; however, now I’m going to unveil a few of my new favorite football food recipes this week. Including these Baked Spicy Greek Yogurt Chicken Wings with Greek Yogurt Bleu Cheese Dressing. Well, I shouldn’t really say these are my new favorite. These are my husbands new favorite. He loves all things wings. I believe I mentioned that when I shared my Baked Buffalo Queso Fresco Chicken Wing recipe the other week. Well, I’m on a baked wing kick for my husband. He is loving it, and I think after the Super Bowl has come and gone he will sadly miss all the wings I’ve been making him. So note to self, I guess I should continue my chicken wing making after football season.
Once again, I have this super easy chicken wing recipe. You mix two ingredients, place the sauce and the wings in a bag. Shake it around and let them marinade in the sauce for a good 24-hours. I love the bright orange “hot wing” color they have upon coming out of the oven. Crispy skin yet not as sinful as the deep friend version. You’ll never know these were baked unless someone spilled the beans.
And let’s talk about sauce. A subject that I’ve come to enjoy over the past few years. You see, my husband is the king of all sauces. He believes that there should be a sauce for everything. I don’t always believe that but I do believe that chicken wings should bathe in a luscious creamy sauce. So instead of the traditional full-fat bleu cheese dressing, I decided to make a lighter version of my own. Using Chobani Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt, bleu cheese crumbles, along with a little red onion, and cilantro for a nice kick! Let your food processor do all the work or if you don’t have one you can always mix it by hand. Refrigerate the sauce and pull it out when the wings are ready to be served. No one will ever suspect they are eating a healthy wing dish!
Wing Recipe Adapted from January/February issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray
Greek Yogurt Bleu Cheese Dressing is a Katie Original
- 3/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Hot Suace
- 3 lbs. Chicken Wings
- 6 oz. Chobani Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 oz. Bleu Cheese crumbles
- 1 tbsp red onion
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- In a large zip lock baggie add the plain greek yogurt and buffalo hot sauce; mix well. Then add chicken wings to bag and toss the wings with the yogurt mixture. Place the chicken wings in the refrigerator and chill overnight.
- The next day, spread the wings on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Place Greek yogurt, bleu cheese, red onion, and cilantro in food processor. Blend until all the onion and cilantro have been well incorporated into the yogurt sauce. Refrigerate and serve once wings are ready.