Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos
Come join #DairyBreakfastClub recipe party at TidyMom along with The California Milk Advisory Board and RealCaliforniaMilk.com
Today is a special day. It is my husbands birthday! I figured it would make sense to post about a recipe he loves on his birthday; Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos. First off. He loves breakfast. Fun fact: he once screamed this while competing in a push-up contest against his older brother. Making everyone laugh and him winning the push-up contest (p.s. if you are ready right now don’t be mad at me for sharing this fun fact).
So getting back to the breakfast thing. You’ll find me cooking up a big breakfast for us every Saturday and Sunday. I also make my husband breakfast just about every day. Whether it’s a veggie bagel sandwich (I’ll be introducing this recipe to you next month) or an egg and cheese on a biscuit. Sometimes we get crazy and I make my faux chocolate croissants. But on the weekends this man wants some hardcore breakfast. Some days I’m tired of the same-old same-old and that’s how these Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos came about.
Last month, I shared my recipe for Egg White Tacos. If you remember, I utilized leftovers for the tacos and for these nachos as well. Seriously, you can put together a single plate of Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos in less than 15 minutes. Using up all the leftovers from the night before and then some! I’ve made these nachos now over a dozen times. It is the one thing that my husband request if he knows we have leftover taco toppings from the night before. Of course get creative. If you don’t have all these taco toppings on hand use what you have and of course most importantly what you like! If you want to make this gluten free and have corn chips on hand… use those! No queso? No problem. Just add extra cheese into your scrambled eggs as they cook! These Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos are fit for any fiesta–especially a birthday fiesta!
Katie Original Recipe
Anyone can make Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos for a quick-and-easy breakfast. Utilize leftover Mexican toppings to create a customized breakfast fit for a fiesta!
- 4 taco size tortillas, quartered
- zest of half lime
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup leftover queso dip
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Additional shredded cheddar for topping
- 1 tbsp sliced black olives
- 1 tbsp sliced green onions
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to broil on low.
- While the oven is preheating cut the flour tortillas. Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with lime zest and salt. Broil on low for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- While the tortillas are toasting re-heat leftover queso dip and scramble three eggs on the stove top.
- Plate the tortillas, pour the leftover queso dip on top of the tortillas, then top with scramble eggs. Place diced tomatoes, black olives, green onions, cilantro, and shredded cheddar cheese on top. Place the salsa, sour cream, and guacamole on the side for dipping.