Slow Cooker Chicken Curry Chickpeas

Slow Cooker Chicken Curry Chickpeas via KatiesCucina.com

You guys should know by now… I love to use my slow cooker for an easy meal. I mean who doesn’t love someone else to cook for them? Today, I’m sharing with you how easy it is to introduce new flavors to your family. Meet my Slow Cooker Chicken Curry Chickpeas. Since my husband doesn’t cook, I know I can depend on my slow cooker to make a delicious tasting slow cooked meal for the two of us while I’m hard at work at my day job!

On a side note about my husband. He is amazing, talented, and can do just about anything. He is one of those people who can seriously pick something up he has never done before and master it in hours if not minutes. I just wanted to put that out there–totally not knocking him–cooking is just not his thing! Plus, he has me so he really doesn’t have a reason to cook! Although, I keep challenging him to complete a week in the kitchen and I’ll document his cooking journey. He has semi-warmed up to this idea thanks to watching last season of Worst Cooks in America! Hopefully by the end of this year I’ll introduce you to him and just maybe he will cook me dinner for once (let alone 5 straight days).

Slow Cooker Chicken Curry Chickpeas via KatiesCucina.com

I digress…

Back to my Slow Cooker Chicken Curry Chickpeas.

I love an easy slow cooker recipe. This recipe requires you to layer garbanzo beans, diced tomatoes, whole chicken breast with a few spices. Let it slow cook for hours–get home from work and shred your chicken–add the remaining spices and some fresh spinach to your slow cooker. Make a slurry of cornstarch using a little bit of the liquid from the slow cooker… mix it all together and let it cook a few more minutes and dinner is served. Oh, and of course don’t forget the fluffy basmati rice! I always have cooked bags of rice portioned out in my freezer–just reheat via the microwave and dinner is complete!

For the full recipe head on over to Food Fanatic for the recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Curry: With Chickpeas, Great Flavor.

Disclaimer: I’m a paid contributor at Food Fanatic. There is an affiliate link in this post. All opinions are my own.

20 Responses to “Slow Cooker Chicken Curry Chickpeas”

1. Ali | Gimme Some Oven posted on April 15, 2013 at 8:54 am (#)

Ooooh – this looks really yummy, Katie! I am a huge fan of using my slow cooker as much as possible!

• Katie replied on April 15th, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Thanks Ali!

2. Liz @ The Lemon Bowl posted on April 15, 2013 at 9:25 am (#)

This looks incredible!!!! I make a similar version with coconut milk – could eat it daily!!

• Katie replied on April 15th, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Oh I love the idea of adding coconut milk, Liz!

3. Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough posted on April 15, 2013 at 11:54 am (#)

I reaaaaaally wish this was in my slow cooker right now… but at least I know what will be happening for dinner tomorrow! YUM.

• Katie replied on April 15th, 2013 at 2:24 pm

THanks Stephanie–I love it because a. its so easy and b. it tastes so good!

4. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking posted on April 15, 2013 at 3:25 pm (#)

This looks SO mouthwatering, Katie! Definitely adding to my must-make list this spring. We should all remember to still use our CrockPots this time of year – they’re not just for winter meals! :)

• Katie replied on April 16th, 2013 at 7:09 am

Georgia–I try to use my slow cooker year round since I live in FL and turning the oven on in the summer is not ideal!

5. ashley - baker by nature posted on April 15, 2013 at 9:23 pm (#)

I really need to get a slow cooker!!! I’m always so jealous when I see amazing recipes like this putting them to good use!

• Katie replied on April 16th, 2013 at 7:08 am

Ashley–you can find slow cookers as low as $25. That is what I had for many years! It is honestly one of the best kitchen small appliance investments!

6. Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain posted on April 15, 2013 at 10:20 pm (#)

GAH! I really need to use my slowcooker more often. Case in point: it’s dumping buckets of snow right now! This would be the perfect way to warm up!

• Katie replied on April 16th, 2013 at 7:07 am

Oh man Lauren–I hope you guys stay warm (and use your slow cooker–let it do the cooking for you)!

7. Cathy Pollak @ Noble Pig posted on April 16, 2013 at 11:03 am (#)

This sounds amazing. I bet this is so satisfying, need to make this one.

• Katie replied on April 16th, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Cathy it really is! You must try this soon!

8. dixya@food, pleasure, and health posted on April 16, 2013 at 3:13 pm (#)

i make something similar to this one pretty often and sometimes switch up my spices – chicken tandoori masala or garam masala. Either way its DELICIOUS!

• Katie replied on April 18th, 2013 at 10:21 am

OH I love that idea of switching up the spices!

9. Jessica - The Novice Chef posted on April 16, 2013 at 9:44 pm (#)

This sound so great Katie! I love that it is made in the slow cooker!

• Katie replied on April 18th, 2013 at 10:20 am

Thanks Jessica! This is a perfect meal for any day of the year!

10. Nutmeg Nanny posted on April 17, 2013 at 10:23 am (#)

This looks so delicious! I love using my slow cooker, it’s the best :)

• Katie replied on April 18th, 2013 at 10:16 am

THanks Brandy! I agree–I love letting them do all the work for me!