Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers

Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers from KatiesCucina.com

Yes, two days straight of non-stop enchilada recipes. I know–I apologize in advance. Some may say I have an addiction to enchilada sauce or others may say poor planning. Whatever side you decide on I know you will be thanking me later for introducing you to my Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers!

You see… I kind of have a thing for my slow cooker. Whenever I can get it to work for me–I make the move. Who doesn’t love dinner cooked for them by someone else? Ok… maybe I am going a little bit too far with calling this slow cooker a person, but for the most part you set it and forget it and hours later your home smells wonderful and didn’t is pretty much cooked!

Remember, my homemade spicy enchilada sauce I shared last week? Well, today I have yet one more way to utilize that delicious spicy sauce. Let’s switch up the traditional stuffed peppers and go for something with a bit more of a kick.

If you still don’t know what your cooking tomorrow for Cinco de Mayo you should most definitely think about these stuffed bell peppers. And if you happen to have leftover rice and rotisserie chicken in your refrigerator, well then my friends you know what you are destine to make.

I created this original recipe for Food Fanatic.

20 Responses to “Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers”

1. danielle posted on May 4, 2013 at 3:39 pm (#)

these look great – i love my slow cooker too

2. Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig posted on May 5, 2013 at 6:16 pm (#)

This is brilliant! I love the idea of using peppers. Putting these on the menu for this week!

• Katie replied on May 5th, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Thanks Cathy! I think you and your family will love them!

3. Nutmeg Nanny posted on May 6, 2013 at 10:14 pm (#)

Yum! I love stuffed peppers :) these look delicious!

• Katie replied on May 6th, 2013 at 10:55 pm

Thanks Brandy! I love them too (and grew up on them), so I’m loving a twist on the traditional.

4. Angelica posted on June 15, 2013 at 3:34 pm (#)

Did you use rice? And if you did you cook it prior to stuffing it in the bell pepper?

5. SharonA posted on July 9, 2013 at 8:55 pm (#)

If you use the Enchilada Sauce recipe in the link, it is not a gluten free recipe. Your recipe calls for flour. Unless someone has gluten free flour, it is not gluten free.

• Katie replied on July 22nd, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Good point Sharon. You could sub the flour for cornstarch, of course you would need to reduce the amount of cornstarch used! :)

1. Pingback: Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers - 75 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Recipes - Eat at Home

2. Pingback: 30 Slow Cooker Recipes ... Dinner Ideas for Busy Families

3. Pingback: 52 Weeknight Chicken Recipes | Bake Your Day

4. Pingback: The Lady Thing Slow Cooker Recipes - The Lady Thing

5. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Pepper Recipe: An Easy & Tasty Dinner

6. Pingback: Cup of Bloom Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes - Cup of Bloom

7. Pingback: How To Make Stuffed Peppers: Methods and Recipes

8. Pingback: Un-Complicate Be Patient and Enjoy Those Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes » Un-Complicate

9. Pingback: 22 Flavorful Slow Cooker / Crockpot Recipes - Mom 4 Real