2 weekends ago I had the opportunity to attend my 3rd Food Blog Forum! Once again Walt Disney World hosted Food Blog Forum and wowed over 100 food bloggers with all of their magic. I wanted my recap out last week, but it just never happened and Food Blog Forum reassured me that life goes on even if you can’t get a blog post out every day. I also learned that I have to slow down. Life is to short to be running at thousand miles per minute. So I’m going to give you a different recap on Food Blog Forum this year. This recap will mainly be in pictures and I created a short video to help document the weekend!
I have to thank my good friend Julius for reminding me on Friday night about video. How is it that I always forget to create videos yet I am always wanting to make video content?
Amy from The Nifty Foodie, Alicia of Alicia Carlson Photography, and my husband and I spent Friday evening at Splitsville and then made a mad dash to The Magic Kingdom. Amy, my husband, and I rode Splash Mountain right before the park closed, and then as we walked out of the park caught the Electrical Light Parade. I haven’t seen that in years so it was a nice way to finish the evening!
The next morning it was time to learn, to reconnect, and remind ourselves what our goals are for our blogs! After listening to Jaden, Scott, and her boys talk about their life and how blogging has grown from a hobby to a business. They also reminded us to be authentic. This is something we hear a lot as food bloggers or bloggers in general. Be true to yourself. Do that things that make you happy! Another big thing I took away from Jaden’s talk was to hire help. You can do more if you have the help to free up your time. I am running myself into the ground working a full time job, and maintaing two blogs. So I took Jaden’s advice and have recently hired help… and am slowly starting to find more time to create and of course spend time with those I love!
Next up, Todd & Diane. If you ever have a chance to listen to Todd & Diane speak… go! Run right away… they are the most inspirational and amazing couple I know. Their words and photographs can bring a room to tears. There videos… ahhh the amazing videos the two of them produce. I only dream to once day produce beautiful videos like the two of them do. It’s something I’m continuously trying to work on.
And of course we can’t forget to thank Walt Disney World Resorts! I mean everyone went above and beyond for us!
Lunch was fanstastic. And as you might have seen in the video we had tons of amazing food! The menu was inspired to be gourmet food for kids–they hit it out of the ball park! I got to catch up with my friend MJ from The Merry Gourmet and I made new friends with Tricia from Once a Month Mom and Camille from A Girl, A Granny, & A Goal. It was great to talk about how we all started blogging and how our blogs evolved over the years.
We had a great session about technology and the ever changing blog landscape with Elise, Babette, and Eric followed by Grassroots Community building with Lindsey, David, Julie, and Jeff. Both sessions mind blowing as always and have your mind spinning in a million different directions!
Of course… I captured a few moments with friends new and old.
I skipped the dessert party that Saturday night to spend a much needed date night with my husband, Jon. We ventured to the Magic Kingdom without a plan (which kills me because I’m such a planner). We rode rides, indulged in a Dole Whip at 11pm during the fireworks and then rode more rides. My husband for the first time in his life rode Dumbo, the speedway, and the Goofy Barnstormer. Seriously? We live in Orlando–where has he been all his life. At least now he can check those off his list!
Brunch once again was held at Whole Foods Market Orlando. We stayed out way passed our bedtime and felt very hungover the next morning (although we did not drink an ounce of alcohol we were mainly just sleep deprived)! Whole Foods once again did a stellar job keeping our tastebuds tantalized!
Here are other recaps from Food Blog Forum 2013:
- Aggie from Aggie’s Kitchen
- Alicia from Alicia Carlson Photography Part 1 Part 2 Brunch
- Amanda from Kevin & Amanda
- Amy from The Nifty Foodie
- Angie from Big Bear’s Wife
- Camille from A Girl, A Granny & A Goal
- Carla from Carla’s Confections
- Caroline from Chocolate & Carrots Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5
- Cheryl from Pook’s Pantry
- Cindy from Hungry Girl por Vida
- Damaris from Kitchen Corners
- Denise from addicted 2 recipes
- Dianna from The Kitchen Prep Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4
- Erin from Eat Bake Drink Cook
- Erin from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Jaden from Steamy Kitchen
- Janet from Captain’s Daughter to Army Mom
- Jenn from justJENN recipes Panels Food Grand Floridian Star Wars Weekends
- Jenny of Picky Palate
- Jessica from My Baking Heart
- Joelen from What’s Cookin, Chicago
- Julie from The Little Kitchen
- Julie from Table for Two
- Kasey from Kasey’s Kitchen
- Katie from Ruffles & Truffles
- Karyn of Pint Sized Baker
- Katrina from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Kim from KC Bakes
- Lauren from Healthy. Delicious
- Lindsay from Love & Olive Oil
- Liz from The Lemon Bowl
- Meagan of A Zesty Bite
- Michelle from The Domestic Mama & The Village Cook
- Rachel from Baked by Rachel
- Ricky from TastyChomps The Orlando Food Blog
- Robin from Simply Southern Baking Part 1 Part 2
- Sarah from Sarah’s Cucina Bella FBF Video
- Sherry of Tickled Red
- Stephanie from Macaroni and Cheesecake
- Todd & Diane from White on Rice Couple
- Yelena from Cooking Melangery FBF Brunch