Pineapple-Tequila Cooler

Pineapple-Tequila Cooler from KatiesCucina.com #recipe #drinks #summer #tequila

I thought it was hot in Austin. It was–but now that I’m back in Florida I’m sweating daily. Not the same kind of “hot” like Austin, but the humid-hot. So what better way to cool off than this Pineapple-Tequila Cooler. Don’t fret, if drinking alcohol isn’t your thing you can easily omit the tequila and make this a non-alcoholic pineapple-lime cooler. Both ways it is equally good!

Cutting a Pineapple - Pineapple-Tequila Cooler from KatiesCucina.com #recipe #drinks #summer #tequila
I recently received a box of new fruit tools from OXO. One of the first tools we tried out was the Ratcheting Pineapple Slicer. I hate cutting pineapple and always task my husband with the job of doing it. Now that I have the pineapple slicer, I can cut pineapple with ease! I made a fun animated gif to show just how easy it is to use/cut pineapple! And we learned after the first sliced pineapple that you want to put a bowl underneath because the slicer extracts a lot of juice! So far we’ve found that we get about 1 cup of juice from every pineapple. So I just strain the juice before sealing it in a jar and then I either add it to this drink or save it to be used within a day or two.

Pineapple-Tequila Cooler from KatiesCucina.com #recipe #drinks #summer #tequila

Whether or not you have this tool you need to make this drink. Perfect for hot summer days!

Adapted from Everyday Rachael Ray, May 2013

Pineapple-Tequila Cooler

Pineapple-Tequila Cooler

• 1 whole pineapple, puree'd
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup lime juice
  • 6 tbsp agave
  • 1/2 cup tequila (optional)
  • 1/2 cup pineapple, minced
  • Ice
  • Lime wedges for garnish

1. Using a blender, puree pineapple (in chunks) until its fine like juice (you may need to do 2-3 batches depending on the size of your blender). Mix in lime juice, 1 cup water, and agave. Pour into pitcher. Stir in tequila, if using.
  2. Pour over ice and garnish with pineapple chunks and lime wedges.

Disclaimer: I received a box of fruit tools from OXO. I was not compensated to create this recipe nor required to blog about the tools. I genuinely love OXO and just want to share what I’m using in my kitchen. There are affiliate links in this post.

19 Responses to “Pineapple-Tequila Cooler”

1. Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig posted on June 19, 2013 at 10:23 am (#)

I don’t care if it’s humid I’m coming over to sweat and drink one of these with you!! I haven’t used mine yet!

• Katie replied on June 20th, 2013 at 1:39 pm

LOl Cathy you crack me up… come on over!

2. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes posted on June 19, 2013 at 10:49 am (#)

This looks delicious!! Is it wrong that I want one of these with my breakfast? haha

• Katie replied on June 20th, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Nope not wrong at all… it’s 5:00 somewhere… right? ;)

3. Christine (Cook the Story) posted on June 19, 2013 at 10:55 am (#)

What a refreshing drink! I totally want to try the pineapple slicer!

• Katie replied on June 20th, 2013 at 11:33 am

Christine–run out and buy one now. It’s amazing and totally works!!!

4. Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) posted on June 19, 2013 at 12:54 pm (#)

Totally trying this. I’ve been wondering what to do with the tequila in my cupboard!

• Katie replied on June 20th, 2013 at 11:34 am

ha ha… oh man–look out I have quite a few tequila recipes coming your way!

5. Angie | Big Bear's Wife posted on June 19, 2013 at 2:39 pm (#)

I have one of those pineapple things! Well not an OXO one but a cheap one lol. I’ll have to make some of these….I’m thinking pineapple-lime cooler!

• Katie replied on June 20th, 2013 at 11:32 am

Yes this is just as good with or without the tequila. It’s like vacation in a glass!

6. Suzanne posted on June 19, 2013 at 10:18 pm (#)

Mmmm…fresh pineapple juice. I love how the tool creates perfectly round slices.

• Katie replied on June 20th, 2013 at 11:31 am

Ummm yah I’m not sure why I waited this long to get one! It’s amazing!!!

7. Heide M. posted on June 21, 2013 at 10:59 pm (#)

Thanks for posting this drink recipe. This is perfect for the scorching summer days. Will try this soon.

8. Jenn posted on June 23, 2013 at 8:59 pm (#)

Looks amazing! We need some of your warm weather sent up here! Still waiting for summer to start! Pinned! :)

• Katie replied on June 24th, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Jenn, that is crazy! I would gladly love to give you our 100+ degree days! Hope it warms up soon so you can enjoy “vacation in a glass”!

9. Nutmeg Nanny posted on July 1, 2013 at 10:22 pm (#)

WOW! How refreshing is this, I love it :) so sweet!

• Katie replied on July 9th, 2013 at 11:38 am