Cranberry Basil Margarita
A few week’s ago I contributed to Sweet C’s Summer Sippers! I love making easy cocktails at home. Last month, I attended BlogHer Food in Austin, Texas. On the last day of the trip, I spent the day with Christine, and we ate and drank our way around the city before catching our flights home. We wandered into the the W Hotel. As soon as we flipped open the menu at the restaurant in the hotel, both of our eyes gravitated toward the Cranberry Basil Margarita. We both continued to read through the drink menu; however, our eyes kept going back to the margarita. As soon as the waiter approached our table we instantly ordered the cranberry basil margarita.
We chatted and slurped up our drink, chatted some more and more slurping… it was so refreshing and helped cool us off during that hot summer day in Texas. The W served up the most delicious cranberry basil margarita, and I tried to do it justice and replicate this refreshing drink at home. I used a few simple ingredients from World Market, tequila, frozen cranberries, and fresh basil from my garden. Within minutes I had a delicious tasting drink that accompanied my Mexican themed dinner oh-so well!
If your tastebuds like to be adventurous I would highly suggest you give my recipe for Cranberry Basil Margaritas a try this summer!
Check out these other drink recipes from Katie’s Cucina:
Katie Original Recipe
- Stirrings Pomegranate Rimmer
- 4 oz Stirrings Cosmopolitan Mix
- 2 oz Tequila
- 4 basil leaves
- 4 frozen/fresh cranberries
- Dip the rim of a glass in water. Then carefully twirl glass in the tray of the pomegranate sugar to coat the edges of the glass (repeat if making multiple drinks). Add ice to each glass (be careful not to the knock the sugar off the rim).
- In a cocktail shaker add 4 oz Stirrings Cosmopolitan Mix, 2 oz Tequila, and fresh basil leaves.Shake well and pour into the glass over ice. Add frozen/fresh cranberries and enjoy!