Mexican Corn & Grape Tomato Skillet with Grouper
Looking for a fresh fish dish? This is the summer fish dish for you, and best of all it’s one skillet cooking! My brother in-law has been spear fishing weekly over the past month. Each time he goes fishing he needs help cleaning the fish once he gets back, so my husband helps out and in return his payment is fish! Not a bad trade off for a one hour job! I’m happy to report that our freezer is pretty stocked with fish. This girl is definitely not complaining. I’m actually trying to persuade my husband to take a day off of work next week for mini lobster season! Hopefully, I won’t have to twist his arm too much longer for him to realize he needs to bring us home lobster (and lots of it). But, back to this dish. After getting our weekly fill of fish I started dreaming up a one skillet fish dish–everything all in one! Of course, I’m obsessed with Mexican food, so that was a given it was going to have to have Mexican flavors in it. That’s when I created this Mexican Corn & Grape Tomato Skillet with Grouper. I used fresh corn that is in season along with a pint of grape tomatoes, sauteed them with spices, removed them from the skillets and cooked the beautiful fillets of grouper!
How could you go wrong with a dish like this? Light for summer and full of flavor. I did have leftover rice in the refrigerator and I served the corn/tomato mixture over rice and then place a fillet of grouper on the dish. I had very little rice and it was just as good. I had never sauteed fresh corn before, so it was a nice treat and experiment all at once! Don’t be alarmed by the long ingredient list, it’s mainly spices. This Mexican Corn & Grape Tomato Skillet with Grouper utilizes local and in season produce as well as fish–making it the perfect summer dinner!
Katie Original Recipe
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 4 ears corn on the cob, corn removed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 Grouper filets
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- In a large skillet, add grape seed oil and butter to the pan on medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes until fragrant. Then add the corn and grape tomatoes to the skillet. Cook for 10 minutes.
- While the corn is cooking mix together the salt, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Coat the fish with half the spice mixture. Take the remaining spice mixture and sprinkle it over corn tomato mixture. Mix well then remove the corn and half the grape tomatoes from the skillet.
- Place the fish in the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes, turning halfway through. Remove the fish from the skillet and place the corn back into the skillet. Mix in cilantro and lime juice. Place fish on top of the corn mixture, and serve immediately.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74