Thai Red Curry: Chicken & Green Beans

Thai Red Curry Chicken & Green Beans from KatiesCucina.com #recipe #thai #hometakeout

You may have noticed it has been a little quiet here on Katie’s Cucina over the last week. That’s because I was cruising the Southern Caribbean with my husband! We had an amazing 8 days from the “world” as we know it. We took naps daily, dove in exotic destinations, sipped on fruity drinks, and ate some pretty darn good food! Luckily, I planned accordingly and don’t have to cook up a storm this week to feed the webs taste buds. I have a few new recipes that I cooked up before vacation and they will be heading your way this week!

Today, I’m sharing my recipe for Thai Red Curry: Chicken & Green Beans. Now, that I’m back from vacation I’m back to savings mode (so we can vacation again very soon). So that means minimal eating out in our book. We’ve found that by only eating out once a week we save so much money which then goes into our vacation fund. In an effort to not bore our taste buds I like to make what I call “home takeout“. This recipe for Thai Red Curry is an ideal home takeout kind of meal. Every time we get Thai takeout its typically a curry. I can honestly say, I’ve never had chicken and green beans in the red curry form. I’ve made it as a chinese main dish (which is delish and I can’t believe I’ve never blogged about it here before). I also love this recipe for Thai Red Curry: Chicken & Green Beans because it is a one pot meal. Throw everything in one pot (of course in incremental steps) and voila… a hearty one pot meal made in minutes!

I cooked up this recipe for Food Fanatic! Head on over to get the recipe for Thai Red Curry Chicken with Green Beans and Noodles: All in One Pot

14 Responses to “Thai Red Curry: Chicken & Green Beans”

1. Meagan @ A Zesty Bite posted on July 8, 2013 at 8:17 am (#)

Welcome back from vacation! This looks incredibly tasty!

• Katie replied on July 9th, 2013 at 10:58 am

Thanks Meagan!

2. Aggie posted on July 8, 2013 at 8:38 am (#)

Hope you had a nice time on your cruise!! This looks delicious, we love curry! These are the kind of recipes I need to start making at home!

• Katie replied on July 9th, 2013 at 10:23 am

Cruise was amazing as always and super relaxing! Yes– you must make more curries at home!!

3. Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig posted on July 8, 2013 at 11:09 am (#)

So glad you had an awesome time. I swear cruising is always a 5+ ponds vacay for me so this looks so nice and healthy!!

• Katie replied on July 9th, 2013 at 10:22 am

Thanks Cathy! Yeah even with all the scuba diving I still managed to gain 5lbs! Back to eating well and getting more exercise!

4. Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain posted on July 8, 2013 at 12:02 pm (#)

Anything with Thai Red Curry gets an A+ in my book!!

• Katie replied on July 9th, 2013 at 10:20 am

Same here Lauren!

5. Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) posted on July 8, 2013 at 2:50 pm (#)

I’m a big fan of “home takeout” hehe. Great idea, and I looove curries! Welcome back to the mainland, sounds like you had a fun trip :)

• Katie replied on July 9th, 2013 at 10:20 am

Thanks Ashley! Home takeout is where its at!

6. Jane's Adventures in Dinner posted on July 9, 2013 at 12:02 pm (#)

This looks divine! Isn’t a cruise the best holiday? We took one at Christmas and boy it was a rude awakening to come back home and not have my 3:00 mojito and snack delivered. C:

• Katie replied on July 22nd, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Agree Jane! We go multiple times a year (since we live so close to the port), because its so relaxing!

1. Pingback: Farmer's Market Friday: Green Beans | Pocket Change Gourmet