Upcoming Event: Taste of the Nation Orlando
Next month, Share Our Strengths Taste of the Nation® Orlando returns August 10 for their 24th annual fundraising event! If you live in Central Florida you are in for a big treat. Tantalize your tastebuds with appetizers, entrees and desserts from more than 30 of Central Floridas finest chefs and restaurants complemented by silent and live auctions and live entertainment.
As you know Share Our Strength is an organization that I’ve been supporting over the past few years to help end childhood hunger. This is the same organization that we host our annual Food Blogger Bake Sale for each year raising thousands of dollars. Last year, the Taste of the Nation event drew more than 2,200 attendees and raised $249,000 for Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida and Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida.
When: Saturday, August 10, 2013
6:45 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Where: Orlando World Center Marriott
8701 World Center Dr.
Orlando, Florida 32821
Tickets: $150 each
Attire: Cocktail / Semi-Formal
Purchase Tickets HERE
This year’s silent auction, presented by Neiman Marcus, invites guests to bid on luxury apparel and accessories, stays at upscale hotels, gift cards to the area’s top restaurants, rounds of golf on award-winning golf courses, and tickets to coveted sporting events. Featured auction items include:
- Neiman Marcus Selection of Jewelry, Timepieces and Handbags ($10,000 value)
- JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes – Dinner for 6 with Wine Pairings ($2,000 value)
- Hilton Grand Vacations Orlando – 4-Night Stay in a 2-Bedroom Suite ($1,676 value)
- Seasons 52 Chef’s Table Experience for up to 6 Guest ($1,000 value)
- Howl at the Moon Orlando Happy Hour Party for 100 – WOW ($1,000 value)
- Golf for 4 on Lake Nona Golf & Country Club’s Championship Golf Course ($900 value)
- 4Rivers Smokehouse
- Rosen Shingle Creek – A Land Remembered
- American Culinary Federation
- B.B.Kings Blues Club
- Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine
- Rosen Shingle Creek – Cala Bella Italian Bistro
- The Capital Grille (Pointe Orlando and Mall at Millenia)
- Cask & Larder/The Ravenous Pig
- Central Florida Hotel & Lodging
- Christners Prime Steak & Lobster
- Cress Restaurant
- Eddie V’s
- Empress Sissi Bakery
- Journey’s Catering
- JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- K Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Kobe Japanese Steakhouse
- LongHorn Steakhouse
- Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano
- Marlow’s Tavern
- Nestle Professional
- Olive Garden
- Orlando World Center Marriott
- The Palm
- Red Wing Restaurant
- Renaissance Orlando at Sea World
- Sushi House Orlando
I’ve created a pinterest board in anticipation of the event! I hope you’ll join me over on pinterest and see what I’m pinning to get ready–from the recaps of last years event to an outfit to wear to the food I can’t wait to eat from some of Orlando’s finest restaurants!
About Share Our Strengths Taste of the Nation® Orlando:
Share Our Strength’s Taste of the Nation Orlando event brings together the area’s top chefs who donate their time, talent and passion to end childhood hunger in Central Florida. Along with culinary delights, guests have the opportunity to sample select wines, cocktails and premium beers and enjoy silent and live auctions and entertainment. Every dollar raised fights hunger and homelessness in the Central Florida. Local beneficiaries include Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida and Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida.
Disclaimer: I will receive 2 free tickets to the Taste of the Nations Orlando event in exchange for media coverage. As always all opinions are my own.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74