Grilled Corn & Poblano Guacamole

Grilled Corn & Poblano Guacamole from KatiesCucina.com

Y’all. I love guacamole. By far I think this is the best guacamole recipe I’ve ever created. Minus my classic guacamole that I make rather often. I was partly inspired to make this recipe after making grilled corn chowder. I had a leftover ear of corn on the cob and a poblano pepper, both already grilled and sitting in my refrigerator waiting for me to make something of them.

Grilled Corn & Poblano Guacamole from KatiesCucina.com

By combining both grilled items made for the most flavorful and smokey guacamole I could have ever dreamed of! Bite after bite I felt like I was in a gourmet Mexican restaurant–not at home! That is one of the luxuries of cooking at home. You can create food that would cost double if not triple the amount that a restaurant would charge.

Grilled Corn & Poblano Guacamole from KatiesCucina.com

This recipe makes for a lot of guacamole. Which isn’t a problem especially if your entertaining. The night that I made this we had chopped chicken tacos, fresh homemade salsa and lots of guac. The only downfall to the meal is that we weren’t able to enjoy leftovers the next day since we were leaving for Atlanta the next day. So I packed up all the leftovers and did what any good friend would do, we gave them to our friends who were watching our pup. They were super excited. The next day I received a text from them stating how much they loved the grilled corn and poblano guacamole!

Grilled Corn & Poblano Guacamole from KatiesCucina.com

Whether you are entertaining for a large crowd or for just two of you this grilled corn & poblano guacamole will be a hit amongst everyone. It’s vegetarian, vegan, and even gluten free–so all the bases are covered with this tasty appetizer! Serve these with a side of my spicy baked corn chips!

Grilled Corn & Poblano Guacamole

Yield: 2 cups

Grilled Corn & Poblano Guacamole

• 3 Hass Avocados
  • 1 tsp garlic, minced
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 lime, juiced
  • 1 tbsp cilantro
  • 1 poblano pepper, grilled and diced
  • 1 corn on the cob, grilled and kernels removed (about 1/3 cup)

1. In a large food processor puree avocados with garlic, cumin, salt, and lime juice (until well combined about 15-20 seconds). Then add in half the poblano pepper and the cilantro. Mix for 5 seconds. Remove guacamole from the food processor and place in large bowl, mix in the remaining poblano pepper and half the corn kernels. Then, top with remaining corn kernels on top. Serve with chips and enjoy.

19 Responses to “Grilled Corn & Poblano Guacamole”

1. Liz @ The Lemon Bowl posted on August 13, 2013 at 2:42 pm (#)

This looks insanely good!! Love that you grilled the corn!

• Katie replied on August 14th, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Thanks Liz! Grilled corn makes everything better!!!

2. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on August 13, 2013 at 4:38 pm (#)

Now that looks like an awesome guacamole!!! I love the grilled pepper and corn that you added!

• Katie replied on August 14th, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Thanks Jocelyn! Spicing it up just a little and giving it a nice summer twist!

3. Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough posted on August 13, 2013 at 8:54 pm (#)

So I know you say this makes a lot but I’m preeeeeettty sure I would eat that whole bowl myself. In one sitting. :) YUM.

• Katie replied on August 14th, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Ha ha… Stephanie! I’ll be honest and tell you that I know I could polish off the whole bowl myself, too!

4. Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig posted on August 14, 2013 at 1:04 pm (#)

Why yes I’ll have the whole bowl! Pass it on over!! Pinned!!

• Katie replied on August 14th, 2013 at 4:04 pm

ha ha thanks Cathy! I know… this stuff is so good and very addictive!

5. Jen @JuanitasCocina posted on August 14, 2013 at 7:27 pm (#)

There is just nothing wrong with this at all. Also, I have extra grilled corn right now…which means this is begging to be made!

6. Suzanne posted on August 15, 2013 at 10:14 pm (#)

We are all about guacamole in this house. Grilled poblano sounds like a nice addition too!

• Katie replied on August 17th, 2013 at 11:33 am

Thanks Suzanne! It’s so good and makes a ton!

7. addie | culicurious posted on August 22, 2013 at 8:40 am (#)

Looks like a very special guacamole! :)

• Katie replied on August 25th, 2013 at 11:02 am

Special is a great way to describe this guac, Addie!

8. Nutmeg Nanny posted on August 24, 2013 at 3:54 pm (#)

Oh yes! I love love guacamole :) can’t wait to taste this, it looks incredible!

• Katie replied on August 25th, 2013 at 10:57 am

Thanks Brandy it is so stinking good!

1. Pingback: P Make Your Grilling