Apple Cinnamon Scones

Apple Cinnamon Scones

Fall is in the air. Ok, well maybe not the weather here in Florida but the scent of apples baking in the oven are in the air in my home. I love apples and love this time of year with all recipes, apple! Today, I’m sharing my recipe for Apple Cinnamon Scones over at Baked by Rachel!

Apple Cinnamon Scones

I love scones and love apples so its a win-win. They aren’t the prettiest scones I’ve ever made, but they are sure are easy and best of all you only need one apple to get the job done! Can I tell you just how amazing my home smelled after baking these beauties? Best of all, if your ambitious you can make an extra batch and freeze the dough for a rainy day! Genius, right? Just make sure you label them well and write on how long to cook and at what temperature.

An apple a day party at bakedbyrachel.com

Baked by Rachel is hosting her An Apple a Day event again this year. One month full of all recipes that have to do with apples! How cool is that? So if your an apple lover like me, you better go check out my recipe and all the others participants this year (and of course don’t miss last years recipes, too).

Make sure you visit Baked by Rachel to get the full recipe for my Apple Cinnamon Scones

18 Responses to “Apple Cinnamon Scones”

1. David @ Spiced posted on September 5, 2013 at 8:33 am (#)

You just hit on one of my absolute favorite topics ever: cinnamon and baking. I’m going to have to make these scones soon. Especially since Fall temperatures have arrived here in upstate NY…they might get to you sometime soon down there in FL. :-)

• Katie replied on September 8th, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Ha ha thanks David!

2. Rachel @ Baked by Rachel posted on September 5, 2013 at 12:14 pm (#)

Thanks so much for sharing these delicious scones at the party! :) Wish I could have one for breakfast and lunch!

• Katie replied on September 8th, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Thank you for asking me to participate in your Apple a Day month-long event! Wish we lived closer so we could share a scone together!

3. Ashley - baker by nature posted on September 5, 2013 at 3:50 pm (#)

Just looking at these scones makes me smile! Lovely!

• Katie replied on September 8th, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Thanks Ashley!

4. Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough posted on September 5, 2013 at 7:23 pm (#)

These make me so excited for fall (and so hungry :))!

• Katie replied on September 8th, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Thanks Stephanie!

5. Marie @ Not Enough Cinnamon.com posted on September 6, 2013 at 1:26 am (#)

Oh I love the smell of baked apples and cinnamon! These scones look delicious. I actually love that they don’t look perfect, you can tell they’re homemade and it makes me want to eat one straight away! Can I come over? :)

• Katie replied on September 8th, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Awe thanks Marie. I’m quite the perfectionist and hate when my food doesn’t come out perfect! ;)

6. Katerina posted on September 7, 2013 at 2:51 am (#)

I love, love cinnamon! I use it even in my cooking! These scones are utterly delicious!

• Katie replied on September 8th, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Thanks Katerina!

7. Ida D. posted on September 9, 2013 at 8:21 am (#)

Why would you say they aren’t pretty?? They are absolutely beautiful! They look rustic and yummy! Getting everything to make them today.

• Katie replied on September 9th, 2013 at 10:49 am

Thanks Ida! I’m just critical of my food photography, that’s all! They taste delicious and I think you’ll love them!

8. Nutmeg Nanny posted on September 10, 2013 at 3:44 pm (#)

Oh how delightful :) scones are my favorite!! Especially apple cinnamon, yum!

• Katie replied on September 17th, 2013 at 7:55 am

Thanks! I want to make more and just freeze the dough for later! Especially with the holidays coming up I can bake scones in a jiffy and everyone will think I slaved over the oven for hours!

9. Meredith in sock monkeys slippers posted on September 23, 2013 at 4:55 pm (#)

Seriously these look divine!!!

• Katie replied on September 30th, 2013 at 12:32 pm