Pulled Pork Nachos

Pulled Pork Nachos from KatiesCucina.com

I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day weekend (for those in the United States). I know I did–I unplugged for 3 nights and 4 days. Let me just tell you–it does a body good to unplug every now and then. My husband and I went up to Northwest Florida to go scalloping. Although, the scallops forgot to show up to our party. Yep, not one scallop to be found.  It is late in the season and with an abundance of rain–they have been washed out to sea. So instead we had a relaxing and lounging weekend on the boat hanging out at the sand bar with our friends! We also ate lots of food. What do you do when you have tons of leftovers? Make pulled pork nachos! Duh!

Pulled Pork Nachos from KatiesCucina.com

These nachos are the ultimate way to use up all your leftovers in the refrigerator. Plus you’ll have a super simple meal in no time and everyone will not even recognize that this was dinner just the other day! At least that is what happened in my home. This happened to be a tasty lunch for us earlier this summer after I had made my slow cooker pulled pork recipe. I just started grabbing all sorts of leftover and concocted the most delicious tasting nachos ever. Whether you eat these for dinner, an afternoon snack or maybe even lunch–whatever the meal it be your going to love using up your leftovers to make the most delicious tasting pulled pork nachos, ever. I can guarantee that!

Pulled Pork Nachos from KatiesCucina.com

Pulled Pork Nachos

• 1/2 cup leftover baked beans
  • 1 cup leftover pulled pork
  • 1/2 bag of tortilla chips
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar
  • 1/4 cup bleu cheese
  • 1 tbsp red onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
  • Fresh Parsley for garnish

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Reheat the pulled pork and baked beans together for about 1 minute in the microwave.
  3. While oven preheats, lay chips out on a large baking pan. Then generously sprinkle the chips with the leftover pulled pork/baked beans mixture.
  4. Sprinkle on the shredded cheddar cheese and bleu cheese. Top with thinly sliced red onions.
  5. Bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees, followed by a high broil for 1 minute until cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Remove from the oven, drizzle barbecue sauce on top and garnish with minced fresh parsley. Serve immediately.

24 Responses to “Pulled Pork Nachos”

1. Angie | Big Bear's Wife posted on September 3, 2013 at 10:54 am (#)

Still sounds like a great Labor Day weekend! :) What a great way to use up pulled pork!

• Katie replied on September 3rd, 2013 at 11:24 am

Thanks Angie!

2. Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction posted on September 3, 2013 at 12:24 pm (#)

Sounds like a great weekend! These nachos are the perfect way to use leftover pork! Definitely have to keep this recipe in mind!

• Katie replied on September 3rd, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Thanks Jessica!

3. Rachel @ Baked by Rachel posted on September 3, 2013 at 2:11 pm (#)

I have been craving nachos for DAYS… like since last week sometime. Ahh! I need these asap!

• Katie replied on September 3rd, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Haha… I love nachos and probably make them once a week–all sorts of variations. Nothing like a good loaded nacho!

4. Karly posted on September 3, 2013 at 10:06 pm (#)

Katie, this recipe is totally brilliant! What a fun way to use up leftovers! And, seriously, I might just make all this food just for the nachos.

• Katie replied on September 4th, 2013 at 7:10 am

Ha ha thanks Karly! I had just a little bit of baked beans leftover and thought… I could add that in the pork! I see some pulled pork in your future (for next day nachos)!

5. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on September 3, 2013 at 10:23 pm (#)

That is such a fun way to use up the pulled pork leftovers! I love it!!!

• Katie replied on September 4th, 2013 at 7:09 am

THanks Jocelyn!

6. danielle posted on September 4, 2013 at 10:07 am (#)

I love this idea – we do the same thing with our leftovers.

• Katie replied on September 4th, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Thanks Danielle!

7. David @ Spiced posted on September 5, 2013 at 8:32 am (#)

Oh man…what a delicious way to use pulled pork! I’ve been making pulled pork on the smoker all summer…but I haven’t tried nachos yet!

• Katie replied on September 8th, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Use up those leftovers, David! Make some nachos!

8. Marie @ Not Enough Cinnamon.com posted on September 5, 2013 at 8:43 am (#)

It looks delicious Katie! Everything with pulled pork is a winner in my book :) I love the addition of blue cheese too, such a good idea!

• Katie replied on September 8th, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Thanks Marie!

9. Cookin Canuck posted on September 8, 2013 at 11:25 am (#)

Now THAT is a the way to do leftovers. What a great-looking plate of nachos!

Oh, how I love scallops…it’s too bad they didn’t show up for your day of scalloping.

• Katie replied on September 8th, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Thanks Dara! I’m always trying to figure out ways to use up leftovers. Hopefully we can go scalloping earlier in the season next year!

10. Nutmeg Nanny posted on September 11, 2013 at 11:58 am (#)

I have a weak spot for pulled pork :) this is amazing!!!

• Katie replied on September 17th, 2013 at 7:54 am

Ha ha thanks Brandy! Most people do and these nachos take it to the next level!

11. Suzanne posted on September 21, 2013 at 9:37 pm (#)

Must add this to our late night nacho repertoire!

1. Pingback: Tomato Avocado Egg Sandwich