Tropical Parfaits with Coconut Lime Granola
Today, I’m excited to introduce the first of many guest bloggers that will be visiting Katie’s Cucina over the next month. This is an effort to help my husband and I try to adjust to this new concept for us called “parenting”. My first guest blogger is Jenna from Petitfoodie. We met at Mixed Conference in 2012. Jenna and I are very similar in the fact that we are both flexitarians. We love our veggies, and every now and then crave some meat. After your done reading about this recipe go check out some of the beverage and dinner recipes Jenna has created!
Hi Katie’s Cucina readers! I’m Jenna from Petitfoodie. I’m super excited to be guest blogging for Katie while she takes some time off to welcome her little bundle of joy into the world. There’s nothing like becoming a parent for the first time and I hope she enjoys every second of it.
Today, I’m bringing you a bit of tropical goodness. Spring is not quite here yet, but I’m hoping this sunny yogurt parfait with coconut lime granola will pull you out of your winter slump. The coconut lime granola is the true star of this show. The lime flavor really intensifies when paired with yogurt and fruit. I chose to use vanilla Greek yogurt for these parfaits. It is a favorite in my house. You could really choose to plain Greek yogurt. I’m sure even a fruit flavored would be good.
These tropical yogurt parfaits are a refreshing way to start the day, or the perfect mid-afternoon pick me up. If you need to get out of your winter rut you must try these tropical yogurt parfaits. Make some in advanced so you can enjoy them all week long. These make for the perfect grab and go breakfast. I hope you enjoy this recipe. Stop by my blog Petitfoodie for more delicious recipes. Let’s be friends on Pinterest| Instgram | G+ | Facebook | Twitter.
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 whole small lime, zested
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 ¼ cups oats
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 mango
- 1 ½ cups granola
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small pot heat honey, oil, brown sugar over med-low heat until combine.
- In a medium bowl combine lime juice, lime zest, almonds, coconut, oats, salt and cinnamon.
- Drizzle honey mixture over oats. Stir until all the oat mixture is well coated with the honey.
- Place granola on baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes. Watch closely this will burn easily. Toss ever 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Will keep in air-tight container for 2 weeks.
- Place ¼ cup granola in bottom of small dish or glass. Add ½ cup yogurt. Top with a ¼ of the mango. Repeat this one time.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74