Double Chocolate Cookie Bars with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Topping + Giveaway
This conversation is sponsored by General Mills® via Burst Media. The opinions and text are mine.
Mother’s Day is this weekend! This being my first Mother’s Day, I’m excited to start new traditions with my family. Last week, I mentioned that my mom and I would spend Mother’s Day each year having a brunch picnic on the beach. Although Ryder is a little too young to do that this year, I’m sure the beach on Mother’s Day will be a tradition in future years. This year, we are keeping it low-key and spending the morning at a local brunch with family, followed by dinner with my parents. Since I’ll be cooking dinner at home for my mom this Mother’s Day, the last thing I have time to do is bake a dessert from scratch. I’ve teamed up with Betty Crocker® and created a delicious (and easy to make) dessert just in time for Mother’s Day!
This dessert is made in 35 minutes and is ideal to share with your mom this Mother’s Day. What’s not to like about chocolate and peanut butter? It’s been my favorite combo for the past month (heck who am I kidding– since I can remember eating a chocolate brownie with peanut butter frosting on it when I was in pre-school).
Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and General Mills is promoting a special Betty Crocker® Coupon on baking products, redeemable at Publix! Save $1 off any 1 qualifying Betty Crocker® baking item with the purchase of any 2 Betty Crocker® decorating items. Best of all, you can print these coupons at home!
Enter to win a $50 Publix gift card so you can bake for your mom this Mother’s Day. Wait for the rafflecopter widget to load and fill out the options for a chance to win!
Katie Original Recipe
- 1 package Betty Crocker® Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 eggs, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 8oz. packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whipped peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray cooking spray on a 13x9 baking dish and set to the side.
- Make cookie dough according to package using the vegetable oil, water, and 1 egg. Spread the cookie dough in a 13x9 baking dish.
- In a stand mixer, cream the room temperature cream cheese, granulated sugar, peanut butter and 1 egg, until well incorporated (2 minutes on low to medium speed). Make sure you scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl as you go. Pour the peanut butter cream cheese mixture on top of the cookie dough. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
- Let the cookie bars cool for 30 minutes then stick in the refrigerator for at least one hour before cutting.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74