Grilled Italian Sausage & Red Potatoes + $500 GiveawayPosted by Katie on Jun 2, 2014 in giveaway, Grilling, herbs/vegetables, Italian, Katie Original, Sausage | 6 comments
Happy June! Can you believe we are close to the mid-way point of the year? And even better summer is looming upon us. Well, here in Florida, summer is here with a vengeance. Between the 90+ degree days, high humidity, and afternoon thunder showers, summer has arrived. I love to grill year round and especially so in the summer months when our home is at its hottest point and the last thing I want to do is heat up our home with dinner cooking only to take a good day to cool it off. And then later pay the pricey electric bill. I’ve teamed up today with Black Gold Farms and Better with Reds Potatoes to share a fun grilling recipe and an amazing giveaway!
Did you know you could grill potatoes?
No tinfoil pouch required. Growing up I remember my dad with make foil pouches with potatoes and onions in them, but never dared to leave them bare on the grill. Ever since I first started using Better with Reds I started grilling them “naked” with no foil pouch straight-up on the grill. The key is to close the lid and turn them frequently to prevent sticking and burning. Oh and lather those spuds up with some olive or grapeseed oil. Whatever you have on hand will work!
I have vegetable basket inserts for my STOK grill and that’s what I use. You can use traditional vegetable grilling baskets if you don’t have the fancy inserts like I do. For this recipe for Grilled Italian Sausage & Red Potatoes I place the Italian Sausage on the bottom of the basket and then layer on the potatoes and veggies. Tossing them every 5 minutes to prevent burning and sticking to the grill. Once the potatoes are fork tender I remove everything off the grill and then top with fresh herbs and shredded mozzarella. I love this grilled version of Grilled Italian Sausage & Red Potatoes it reminds me of my oven baked version that takes 2 hours. Instead this is all done on the grill and done within 30 minutes! My kind of meal.
For more summer potato recipes check out the Better with Reds website or some of my fellow bloggers recipes:
- A Farmgirl’s Dabbles – Grilled Red Potato Packets with Pesto Ranch Sauce
- A Zesty Bite – Stuffed Red Potatoes
- Big Bear’s Wife – Shrimp and Red Potato Boil
- Eat 2 Gather – Roasted Red Potato and Steak Breakfast Burrito
- Food Faith Fitness – Grilled Red Potato Salad with Sausage and Ranch
- From Captain’s Daughter to Army Mom – Oma’s Authentic German Potato Salad
- Hip Foodie Mom – Summer Potato and Tomato Tart
- Macaroni and Cheesecake – Cheesy Ranch Loaded Potato Casserole
- Mother Thyme – Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- The Country Cook – Grilled Red Potatoes and Green Beans
Katie Original Recipe
- 1 24oz package of Black Gold Farms Red Potatoes with Italian Herbs Seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 white onion, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 8 oz whole baby bellas
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 mild Italian Sausage
- 2 tbsp each fresh basil, parsley, and oregano chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat grill on high heat for about 10 minutes. Clean it then reduce the heat to medium.
- Wash and quarter Black Gold Farms Red Potatoes. Place them in a gallon size zip-top bag. Then place the onions, bell peppers, and baby bellas in the bag.
- In a bowl combine the Italian Herb Seasoning with 1/4 cup olive oil. Mix well and then pour in the bag. Close zip-top bag and massage throughout the vegetables until evenly divided.
- Divide the Italian sausage among the two vegetable basket skillets in the grill. Then divide and pour the potato/pepper mixture among the two vegetable baskets. Cook in 5 minute increments, flipping sausage and mixing vegetables for a total of 5 times (25 minutes). During the last 10 minutes add the cherry tomatoes, and mix.
- Remove the grilled italian sausage and red potatoes from the grill, top with fresh herbs and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese. Enjoy immediately.
On to the giveaway. One reader will have a chance to win:
- 3-pound bag of red potatoes from Black Gold Farms
- 3 packages of Roasties fresh potatoes (one of each flavor)
- $500 Omaha Steaks gift card
Please wait for the rafflecopter widget to load. If it doesn’t load click on the link to enter.
Join Better with Reds on Wednesday, June 4th; 8:00pm-9:00pm CST for a Twitter party! During the Twitter party they will be giving away fresh potato swag packages from Black Gold Farms as well as $100 Sur la Table gift card, and a $50 Amazon gift card.
About Black Gold Farms and Better with Reds
Black Gold Farms is a multi-generational, family owned organization that has been in business more than 80 years. They are now a global potato production, sales and service company, as well as an industry leader that ships more than 500 million pounds of potatoes each year that get made into potato chips or fresh red potatoes that end up on your plate.