Egg White & Chive Soufflé
Learn how easy it is to make this Egg White & Chive Soufflé recipe for your next brunch party!
I’ve loved egg whites from as long as I could remember. My mom tells me that she would serve me sunny-side up eggs when I was 3/4 years of age. I would eat around the yolk and only eat the egg white. So she finally realized that I didn’t like the yolk. And that’s how I began eating egg whites. It’s definitely not a decision I made at the ripe age of 4 to eat healthier. It was simply by taste. To be honest, to this day, the yolk repulses me. I finally learned how to make scrambled eggs in my 20’s. My husband will tell you it took me a lot of practice, because I refused to taste them. So I learned by him telling me what it needed. Now I can make mean scrambled eggs. Just in the past two years I’ve learned how to make eggs over medium or easy… my husband loves them and tries to make them he says he can never make them as good as I can. So I’ve totally mastered cooking the yolk filled eggs, but it’s just not my thing. When I was pregnant I pretty much stopped making my husband eggs because I would gag wayyyyy too much during the 2 minute cooking process. The yolk was repulsing me even more so than ever before. Even making egg whites would give me challenges some days.
Katie Original Recipe
- 4 Large Egg Whites
- 2 tbsp 2% Milk
- 1 tbsp Chives
- 2 tbsp White Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg whites until bubbles appear. Then add in the 2% milk, chives, and salt and pepper.
- Coat ramekins with cooking spray. Then pour in the egg white mixture, and top each ramekin with one tablespoon white cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 400 degrees for 20 minutes until golden brown on top and egg whites have risen. Enjoy immediately, or cool to room temperature and reheat the next day to eat!
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74