Grilled Chicken FajitasPosted by Katie on Sep 4, 2014 in gluten free, Grilling, Katie Original, Main Dish, Mexican | 2 comments
Grilled chicken fajitas are the ideal no-mess very little clean-up meal. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal all contained on the grill or even better for tailgating at a football game!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil, divided
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning, divided
- 1 of each; red, yellow, orange, and green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced in quarters
- 10 flour tortillas (use corn tortillas to make these Gluten Free)
- Sour cream and shredded cheese optional
- Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towel. Trim any excess fat you might not want. Then place in a ziplock gallon-size bag. Place one tablespoon grapeseed oil in the bag coating the chicken as well as one tablespoon fajita seasoning. Seal bag and mix with hands to ensure the seasoning is coated all over chicken. Place in refrigerator until ready to cook.
- Place sliced bell peppers and red onion in another ziplock gallon-size bag. Place the remaining one tablespoon grapeseed oil and fajita seasoning in the bag. Seal and mix well.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Clean grill. Once the grill reaches 350 degrees place the vegetables in vegetable basked and reduce heat to low. Then place the chicken on the other side of the grill and lower the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes then flip chicken. Make sure you stir veggies every 5 minutes to ensure they cook evenly and do not burn. Cook chicken additional 10 minutes. Use an instant read thermometer to check chicken. Chicken should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- During the last two minutes of cooking place tortillas in aluminum foil and place on the top rack of the grill with lid closed. Remove chicken from grill. Let rest 2-4 minutes. Then slice, place on a platter or in a large bowl with vegetables. Remove tortillas off grill and serve dinner
You can use corn tortillas to make these gluten free. Always make your own seasoning or check the packaging of the fajita seasoning to ensure that it's gluten free.