Since my husbands birthday is this week I figured I would share one of his all-time favorite recipes, Chicken Parmesan. His mom has been making this favorite meal of his for quite some time. I’ve tried mastering chicken Parmesan for years and time after time miserably failing. I could never get my breading to stick! Finally I consulted with my mother in-law and she told me a secret. Now, I think most people know this secret but for those who don’t I’m ready to change your chicken breading life forever (just as it did mine). The secret is to pat dry your chicken and dry it off completely. Yes, that’s it. Now that I know the secret I’ve been breading and frying just about everything and making Chicken Parmesan for my husband at least 1-2 each month. He’s been loving it–and although it’s not his mom’s he still enjoys it. Nothing will ever be as good as when your mom makes it, but I think mine is a close second in his book! So now that I’ve perfected the recipes I’m excited to share with you the recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 32 minutes
Total Time: 47 minutes
- 1/4 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 2 cups Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place grapeseed oil in frying pan. Heat on medium-high. Whisk the egg in one shallow dish, and pour the bread crumbs in another. Clean the chicken and pat dry. Cut the chicken in half length-wise. Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture then the bread crumbs. Place the chicken in the frying pan (make sure to not overcrowd) . Cook for 3-5 minutes turning and cooking on the other side for 1-2 minutes.
- While chicken is frying, pour 2 cups of marinara sauce into a 9x12 pan. Place the cooked chicken in the pan. Repeat frying the chicken until it's all cooked. Once it's cooked ladle an additional 1-2 cups of marinara sauce on top of the chicken. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken (divided by each piece of chicken) Place tinfoil on top of pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove tinfoil during the last 5 minutes to allow mozzarella to brown. Remove from oven and serve with pasta. Enjoy immediately.
Katie Original Recipe
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74